Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery?

Blog Entries

Question Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery?

Bonnie Hunter has posted the intro to her new Mystery Quilt over at Quiltville, anyone going to give it a go?

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-orca-bay.html

I've never done a Mystery Quilt before and I'm not the best "piecer" there is, I tend to do more applique. I've got the Yellow Brick Road pattern down though. All straight edges! LOL

But I think I'm gonna give it a go. I've got tons of scraps that need to be used up. Anyone else??!

I checked out her site. The mystery quilt seems very interesting to try. I might just do it. However, I need to wait until after the holidays are over.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Blog Entries
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Have to figure out how to get her updates or set myself a calendar but am thinking that I might try. Have tons of scraps!
    Cherylsea

Blog Entries
    Be sure to print it out as she will be removing it from the site in May. It's going to come out in her new book in July

Read it this morning.....like I need another project LOL.....

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
    Bonnie Hunter has posted the intro to her new Mystery Quilt over at Quiltville, anyone going to give it a go?

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-orca-bay.html

I've never done a Mystery Quilt before and I'm not the best "piecer" there is, I tend to do more applique. I've got the Yellow Brick Road pattern down though. All straight edges! LOL

But I think I'm gonna give it a go. I've got tons of scraps that need to be used up. Anyone else??!
    I really think you'll like it once you get started. I've done a couple of her mysteries and they've all been fun and a great way to use up scraps. You will certainly get lots and lots of practice piecing. The steps aren't difficult (and all are very well-illustrated), but there are lots of pieces. If you don't get all piecing done before the next 'clue', start on the new ones to keep up w/ the group; makes it easier if you have any questions.

I'm thinking about doing mine is oranges, browns, and greens for my dark/high contrast colors. Got the idea while reading the email and seeing a maple tree changing colors outside my office window.

Blog Entries

Smile

I would love to, but I will have to be happy following along and watching what others make.
    Sadiemae

Do you think it is too advanced for a beginning quilter to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    Do you think it is too advanced for a beginning quilter to try?
    Most of her patterns are good for a confident beginner. She shows step-by-step with pictures how each of the pieces is made. Her directions are triple-checked for accuracy. And, there will be many posts/blogs once the actual sewing begins. Why not give it a try? It would be a good way to learn a new technique or two, perhaps, that will help you with your other quilts. Give her website a visit quiltville.com and see if you like what you see. I think she has a very relaxed style and method, and that works for me.

Thanks so much for reminding me of this. Will copy and save to do after the holidays.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams...live the life you have imagined. Thoreau

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast