Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • anybody experienced with little gracie? >
  • anybody experienced with little gracie?

• anybody experienced with little gracie?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 PM

I am helping the wife get a little gracie frame going. It is together except for the levelers. We are newbies at the quilt frame hobby. She has a juki sewing machine on a little gracie frame and a bunch of the plywood patterns that go with it. Is there a tutorial some where about this maching and it's accessories and operation?? With very sparse info provided to us we got it assembled and are having problems figuring out which screw holes to put screws in the pattern plyboards that screw down to the bed. Is there a pattern or some sort of logical way to determine which holes to use? Could it be that the previous owner randomly drilled them? Also the stylus seems to drag in portions of the groves. I'm sure that leveling it will help, but I noticed that some of the plywoods were warped too is this normal. Any help or pointers appreciated
    elemental56
    Old 03-16-2008, 03:29 AM

The Gracie frame comes with a video on all 'how to put it together' and usuages. If you purchased a used gracie and they did not hand you the video...give the company a call or ask locally in your quilt groups to borrow theirs:)). They are a good company to work with. Keep us posted! Skeat
    Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

I did get the manual after most of the setup was done, but these patterns aren't adressed directly. I will call them and see if they can point me to some info.
    Old 03-17-2008, 07:43 PM

I have the Little Gracie frame. The drag might be from some warping of the boards or the groove just needs a good cleaning. If slight warping is the problem just learn where these spots are and very slightly lift up as you come to those areas. I have one just past the middle and this seems to work just fine. I have extra holes too. All I do is line up the holes that line up if that makes since to you.
    I have had no problems with the frame. I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago used and have 3 quilts done!