Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Little Gracie questions >

Little Gracie questions

Little Gracie questions

Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 PM

Wondered what the difference was between Gracie 1 and 2. I see one on Craigs List for $200.00 never used. (Gracie 1)Its a hundred miles away...no problem unless it snows! I'm waiting to hear from them for details. I don't really even know what to ask.
But my needs are for baby quilts mostly...a starter quilting machine to learn on that would be easier than using the plain sewing machine.
Any tips? will be appreciated! Do you think it would be a good starter? Or even my one and only? I could send out 2 baby quilts and it would be the same price as this almost! If I don't have to spend toooo much more I might just do it!
:)
Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 PM

I have one of the first little Gracie...I have my Juki on it and I can quilt up to a Queen size on it, when I got mine the only big difference I remember between the little Gracie and the Regular Grace was you could get extension to do a king size.......I haven't kept up with the newer frames that they have now.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:17 PM

I suggest you email Lynn at www.kathyquilts.com They sell the Grace frames and he would be able to tell you the difference. I have the Little Gracie II, but I don't know what the difference in it and the original one is, sorry!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi there Magpie Feather. I just purchased a new Grace GMQ Pro frame. I had a couple of questions and contacted the Grace Company directly. They were wonderful!! Very helpful. I would recommend that you contact them directly. Here is their website: graceframe.com and their toll free number is 1-800-264-0644. They are located in Salt Lake City, Utah. They will be able to advise you if your sewing machine will work on the frame and if you need anything additional. Good luck! I'm still at the practicing stage but am enjoying it. I paid $1000 for mine and feel it is money well spent as 4 quilts sent out to the longarm quilter would cost that much. Keep me posted how you make out.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions! $200 sounds like a good price but it will be the other attachments that might add up. But like you say...doing my own quilts would save me money! Haven't heard from them yet....but will definitely announce it if and when I get it!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

I don't know the difference. I got a Grace Mini Pinni frame last year and I love it. I put my Juki machine on it and it is so much easier to quilt that way.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Never did hear from them...they must have sold it by now!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:33 PM

Oh how I would love to get a frame and machine to do larger quilts. Even though I can go up to a twin on my machine now, it's the weight of pushing it around that is too much to handle. The frame would be ideal, but space is an issue also. :(
Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
Oh how I would love to get a frame and machine to do larger quilts. Even though I can go up to a twin on my machine now, it's the weight of pushing it around that is too much to handle. The frame would be ideal, but space is an issue also. :(
Me too...I guess I'll have to keep on sending my quilts out unless I win the lottery!