Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone making the Hickory Nut Hexagons?

Blog Entries

Anyone making the Hickory Nut Hexagons?

I stopped by a quilt shop on my way out of town Wed and bought the Hickory Nut template. The template is an original design from the shop. Eddie has a great tute on these: Tutorial on Hickory Nut quilt blocks

I bought all three sizes but started with the largest Nut. My first was was like the first pancake, but my second was perfect. They are addictive! I like the fact that when you are done you are done. And on the shop website there is a nice statement about Eddie and a link to this board!

http://hhqsewingcenter.com/

The shop is so pretty. Lots of light, lots of quilt samples hanging up, and very friendly employees. It's about two hours from me so I always make time to stop when I'm passing by.
    Got fabric?

I love these!! Gotta order them!!

I have the med & small. Have not used them yet. Please post a photo when you finish your quilt. I only found a few photos and would like to see more.

Blog Entries
    You may have to call or email the shop for orders. I didn't see an order page on their website. I think the smallest was under $9 and the largest was about $23. Excellent quality templates and easy to rotary cut around. The shop has lots of pictures on their Facebook page. and there are a lot on Pinterest. I will post what I have done so far later this evening.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 06-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I bought them way back when Eddie first did the tute but never used them. Now you make me want to pull them out . I've changed sewing rooms since then, Lord only knows which box they are packed away in--wish me luck
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Here is what I have done so far. The large size makes a perfect size place mat. I put the cup on it for scale. The color is much prettier then it shows.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  237.7 KB
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 06-16-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Got fabric?

Thanks for posting your Hickory Nut. Very pretty colors. Nifty looking place mat. I'm loving those chicken feet!

Blog Entries
    The Bird is my table center piece. It's fun and it wobbles and looks like I feel most of the time. LOL

Name:  photo (1).JPG
Views: 411
Size:  128.0 KB
    Got fabric?

OMG! To cute. Thanks for the giggle.

OMG that is the quteist bird, bet it makes you smile everytime you look as it, very pretty place mats to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast