Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone used fabric turning tubes ??? >

Anyone used fabric turning tubes ???

Anyone used fabric turning tubes ???

Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 AM

I love mine also. I don't know how long of a tube it would turn though. I would think you could do a couple feet, maybe more. Oh, I just seen where Yakkity turned 42" tubes. They are a must in my tools though. I have used them so much. They sure make the process easy.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

I just made a skinny hanging sleeve for my Easter fold n stitch wreath and could have dug out my turner set but did it with my fingers. I have had my set of those turners for eons!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Z View Post
RECONSIDER USING TUBES FOR BIAS TAPE FOR STAINED GLASS QUILTS.

If you are making the tubes to use between the sections of the stained glass, take a look at Clover Quick Bias Fusible Tape. It is .25 inch wide with each edge folded in and is available in several colors. Black is stunning for the stained glass.
Jo-Ann's coupons makes it reasonably priced.
Also, you can sew the bias strip right side out, then trim the seam allowance to about 1/8" and press flat with the seam centered enough to hide it as you attach it. Use Elmer's Schoo glue and an iron for placement and stitch both sides. Old fashioned ideas still work.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I have a set of those tubes. Mine was given to me by a friend & the brand is: Turn-it-All
It says on the back that the three sizes of tubes make it possible to quickly turn any size or length of material. I've only used it a few times & for short pieces.
This is what I have:

http://www.joann.com/turn-it-all/4708954.html
These are the ones I have. Work well. Got a set on close out at Joann's recently.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Z View Post
RECONSIDER USING TUBES FOR BIAS TAPE FOR STAINED GLASS QUILTS.

If you are making the tubes to use between the sections of the stained glass, take a look at Clover Quick Bias Fusible Tape. It is .25 inch wide with each edge folded in and is available in several colors. Black is stunning for the stained glass.

Jo-Ann's coupons makes it reasonably priced.
Clover bias makers also great for appliqué stems.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Also, you can sew the bias strip right side out, then trim the seam allowance to about 1/8" and press flat with the seam centered enough to hide it as you attach it. Use Elmer's Schoo glue and an iron for placement and stitch both sides. Old fashioned ideas still work.
I like the fusible tape. Just lay where you want it and press. It stays put and then I stitch both sides. I'm a lazy quilter and very miserly with my time.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 PM

A few years back our guild made table runners from fabric tubes. We used these to turn the fabric inside out. Then you wove the fabric tubes together and added borders. It would have been an onerous task without one. I can't remember the name of the pattern. I do remember it used an incredible amount of fabric for a table runner. But the tube turners really worked.