Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another wonderful fabric source down the tubes! >

Another wonderful fabric source down the tubes!

Another wonderful fabric source down the tubes!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 AM

Default Another wonderful fabric source down the tubes!

It's A Stitch in Humble, Texas is discontinuing the sale of fabric on bolts. They are selling out of yard goods right now and will continue to have a few precuts and sell machines, patterns, thread, but no yardage fabrics. This is a huge disappointed for those of us from the East Texas area (Beaumont) who have few sources for quilt shop fabrics!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 AM

I agree...it broke my heart to see this in my e-mail earlier this week. Even tho it's a trip to get there for me, I always enjoyed shopping there. Humble is about an hour and 45 minutes from here on a good day (not on Friday or the weekend). I have passed on the e-mail to all my quilting friends and hope to get back down there myself before their out of all the good stuff!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:44 AM

I hadn't heard this, I wonder why? It is also hugely disappointing to me. A couple of LQS in this area have closed recently and Quaker Town Quilts in the Woodlands is up for sale.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM

It's a very sad time here in Houston. Altho, I can drive there and do on many occasions, on Tuesday I bought all I could afford online. Living on the East side of Houston I'm not sure what we'll do now. There's Painted Pony in LaPorte but they don't have anywhere near the selection that its a stitch did.

Quaker Town Quilts, too? Oh my!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 AM

I hadn't heard about this down there. Up here east of Dallas, LQS's don't carry a lot of fabric. We're pretty limited. Even in Dallas/Ft Worth there's not a whole lot either. Most of our shopping is done online. Or we have to weed through Joanne's for the better quality fabrics. Hadn't heard @ Quaker Town. I thought there was quite a quilting community around there supporting it.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 AM

I agree with Cindy, as I livein Garland and I have know that things are closing down all over the place. Times are tough and I'm frugal with my little bit of fun money, so I can understand why there are so many places closing. If it's not on sale, I don't buy. I have been using my scraps and materials people have given me; going to thrift stores and finding nice large pillow shams that I can cut up into pieces or use as a partial backing that's what I have been doing. If it comes to taking $20 or $30 to put in the gas tank to go to school (I'm in college right now) or spending that money on a nice yard or two of fabric, the gas tank has been winning out. It sucks, I haven't been to my LQS, Susies, in months I am very sad to say because Hancock has been having the sales that I can afford.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 AM

Awe, that's terrible!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

do they have a website?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 AM

Years ago they discontinued their fabric line on Westheimer in Houston and now this. Boo hoo!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 AM

A lot of people don't have jobs and of course it seems like our extras are the first to go. We have so many people that have moved to ND from down south just for the job. I just can't imaging how they are getting by living in a 5th wheel camper or smaller.