Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Applique methods

Hi, can anyone tell me the easiest method of applique to use for the pattern "Esther the Easter Chicken"? I tried the cheat needle turn method. It didn't go well, not a good day. :(
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Termi
    Hi, can anyone tell me the easiest method of applique to use for the pattern "Esther the Easter Chicken"? I tried the cheat needle turn method. It didn't go well, not a good day. :(
    Thank you.
    fuse the pieces on is probably the easiest - don't know what 'cheat needle turn method' is - I only ever do needleturn applique don't know how you can 'cheat' that :?

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about the method of sewing on interfacing to the pieces and then turning them before stitching them down?

I agree, that fusible would be the easiest with this one, I would use cute stitches to stitch around the pieces :D:D:D

I do not do hand applique. I fuse the pattern on my fabric and then machine sew around the outer edge. I use the blanket stitch on mine but several of the decorative stitches will work.

For me it's, machine applique, utilizing iron fusible webbing, and then use the blanket stitch or other decorative stitches on your machine to finish off the edges, embellish as creative as you want.....The pattern sounds really cute...!

Sandi

Wonder under or Lite heat bond and then do a machine blanket stitch around each piece

Power Poster
    I agree with the fusible and then stitching them down.
    Try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will go better for you!

Yes, that's the "cheat" needle turn I tried but what a mess. I don't think it can be done with patterns that have a lot of curves and corners.

Yes, that's the "cheat" needle turn I tried but what a mess. I don't think it can be done with patterns that have a lot of curves and corners.

I guess I messed up my reply, I hit the send button twice. Sounds like fusing is the way to go. Many thanks to you all.