Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
APQS vs Innova >

APQS vs Innova

APQS vs Innova

Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 AM

I have an APQS Millie and am very happy with mine. I took the time to test drive all the different brands and models and narrowed it down to two. I honestly bought the APQS because I was able to get a fantastic deal.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:15 AM
cbw

I'm leaning towards one of those two brands also. What did you end up choosing? Does anyone else have any insight as to why they chose either an Innova or Apqs? Or have owned both?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:22 AM

I have an APQS Freedom and love it. have had it for over 5 years and I do quilt some quilts for customers and have had no problems with it.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:42 AM

I was very lucky and bought a 'new-to-me' Innova for a steal. The previous owner had it loaded with Lightning Stitch, Pantovision, overhead lighting, etc. She was an hour for me, but I paid for a dealer tech to deliver it (unassemble at her house, reassemble at mine). I also had casters and auto-feed fabric advance added. I can't say enough about Innova's exceptional service - 24/7 by phone (mine was a case of operator error). That having been said, before I bought this, I went to one of APQS' road shows and would have strongly considered it had not such a great deal come my way on the Innova. I really don't think you could go wrong with either machine.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:54 AM
anonymous

Can't compare the 2 setups, but I have the 26" innova with lightning stitch and mach 3 computerized quilting too. I am totally happy with my setup. The customer service is 2 hours away, but it has been invaluable to me. I have also used the customer service techs from the home company in Houston and they were wonderful too. I had a tech from accomplished quilting where I bought mine, walk me through a problem on a weekend as he was working his garage sale from home. Just a totally happy customer.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:55 AM

I just bought an Innova, and bought it because of their superior service. I've tried every brand out there, and took months to make a thoroughly informed decision. Innova builds machines that can be easily serviced by me, with the help of a technician on the phone, either through the company I bought it from or from Innova directly. I like the empowerment of not depending on taking my machine to be serviced whenever I've got a problem. Plus, the fact that the Lightning Stitch is freakin' amazing. Not one stitch out of place since I've been playing with it (it was delivered on Friday!), and the ease of moving it around. And it moves like butter. Every other machine I tried I felt I had to use every muscle to quilt. I know the reviews I read about the Innova are true and honest, because Innova does not give away promotional machines to famous quilters for their free, glowing reviews.

That said, you have to buy the machine that YOU are most comfortable with. It doesn't matter one iota what anyone else thinks about their machine. If the APQS is putting your mind at ease because of it's features, it moves freely and comfortably, and you feel you will get the service you need, then that's the one you should buy.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by summitbay View Post
Can't compare the 2 setups, but I have the 26" innova with lightning stitch and mach 3 computerized quilting too. I am totally happy with my setup. The customer service is 2 hours away, but it has been invaluable to me. I have also used the customer service techs from the home company in Houston and they were wonderful too. I had a tech from accomplished quilting where I bought mine, walk me through a problem on a weekend as he was working his garage sale from home. Just a totally happy customer.
Summitbay, I bought mine from Accomplish Quilting (in Michigan), too! They are such an AWESOME company!
Old 05-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Go with the one You like best. It's just like buying a car- some like fords, some prefer the chevys, some only a BMW will do. Each of us are different and like/ love different features, styles, etc. it's good you have tried out a couple, now don't worry about what you might be ( missing) go with what you know. You know you love the APQS, that's all that matters.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
I just bought an Innova, and bought it because of their superior service. I've tried every brand out there, and took months to make a thoroughly informed decision. Innova builds machines that can be easily serviced by me, with the help of a technician on the phone, either through the company I bought it from or from Innova directly. I like the empowerment of not depending on taking my machine to be serviced whenever I've got a problem. Plus, the fact that the Lightning Stitch is freakin' amazing. Not one stitch out of place since I've been playing with it (it was delivered on Friday!), and the ease of moving it around. And it moves like butter. Every other machine I tried I felt I had to use every muscle to quilt. I know the reviews I read about the Innova are true and honest, because Innova does not give away promotional machines to famous quilters for their free, glowing reviews.

That said, you have to buy the machine that YOU are most comfortable with. It doesn't matter one iota what anyone else thinks about their machine. If the APQS is putting your mind at ease because of it's features, it moves freely and comfortably, and you feel you will get the service you need, then that's the one you should buy.
I agree. I tested many machine and was happiest with the Innova. However, However, I have a friend who is the NV dealer and she loves hers. It is always best to try everyone you can and decide.

I found the Colorado dealer is in Greenwood Springs and the Dealer/Training Center is in Utah.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM

Both machines are nice and I have the APQS dealer right here in town but I went with the Innova for a couple reasons. The price comparison for the extras I wanted, customer service is just a phone call away 24/7/365 days, plus as mentioned all I have to do is oil the bobbin area when I go to clean. I've used every type of thread excluding serger thread and it sews beautifully with rarely any adjustments on my part. I did go for the updated tension assembly and I'm so glad I did as I don't have to oil the pads either. I've had a couple issues, mostly operator error and Michael walked me thru it. The fact you can turn the head horizontal was a nice feature too and that fact you can lift the top rail to smooth out the batting. I did opt for the auto-advance, lightening stitch and upgraded tension system. I had my own robotic system so just needed to upgrade it (3rd party). I've never been sorry I purchased the Innova instead of the APQS here in town.