Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Baby quilt - when?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Wait until the baby is here...I had two miscarriages between my 2 sons. They are 6 years apart and for years people would ask "WHY did you wait so long to have another? " I finally started answering " we didn't, we have two angels in heaven waiting to meet us someday." I always hoped that would make people think before asking hurtful questions.
    Well..... To be fair, they probably had no idea it was such a painful question. There are 6.5 years between my 2 sons, and my reasons are totally different from yours. If someone asked me, I would not hesitate to reply. How are they to know which one of us has the more painful story?

Some people feel like if you give a baby gift prior to the baby's birth it's bad luck - so I always wait.

Wait until the baby shower ... then you know it will be safe to give.

Just as an FYI, my friend's granddaughter was born with a p___s! The doctor said he must have been really shy! LOL
    Never showed up on the ultrasound ... was a total surprise to everyone!

Feeling a bit depressed today and migrated toward the depressig thread...

SO, much to my surprise, do I find the quote "my friend's grandaughter was born with a P___is"!!! Thank you for that. I really needed it today

The expectant couple lives in another town several hours drive away - and are in their 30's. I don't think I'll be going to a shower. I usually get invited to things that an aunt would be so ... maybe, but I was planning on giving it to them when they come visit between now and the end of May. But ... I can send it with my friend after the baby arrives if I have to.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5