Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it "Back Art" ?!??!

Is it "Back Art" ?!??!

I cant find what I want !! I am looking for pics of people's fancy pieced backings !! Is it called back art ?! I am needing ideas and inspiration for my quilt back !!! Can you post a pic for me , or direct me where to look ?!!? THANK YOU !!!

Blog Entries
    I've never seen it given a "formal name". What I have seen is people showing their quilt tops and pieced backs, but the topic is probably listed under the completed front of the top. You might try pieced backs!
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Blog Entries
    You can do anything you want on the back. I have used left over blocks and fabrics from the front. I'll see if I can link to one I posted earlier in the year. Katie's graduation quilt 2011

Here is the link to the back of my quilt that I posted yesterday. I too use left over fabric with some pieces that I purchased. I plan it out on graph paper and yes, it does take a lot of time to do this.

Hmmm..........I don't know if the link will work. I can't find a spot to fill it in so I'll copy/paste below!

Strip Cocktail!
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Blog Entries
    Here's one I did a pieced backing on: What do you get when you have a Churn Dash and Food Fabric?

And here's Charisma's awesome quilting of it - including a photo of the pieced back: Churning Stomach....quilted by Charisma

You'll find lots here. I think some are more reversible quilts than quilt backs.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/quiltbacks/pool/

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    Double Wedding Ring from Cheryl Phillips' Book

h
    ere is a link to a quilt that someone asked me to post the back of...it is a nice process for back art as each block is made separately so you have more options for your backs...

One of mine that mirrors and repeats the border pattern from the front.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Power Poster
    There was a thread on the old board that I think the title was "show me your backside"? It had a lot of pictures of the fancy backs that others had done. I don't know how to go to it now maybe someone else will remember it and give instructions for viewing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast