Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back to my machine frusation and lemon law

Are sewing machine covered under the lemon law, does anyone know?

If a replacement would be offered IF the machine was availabe which it is not, should a more expensive machine be offered?

Does anyone know the price of the Babylock Serenade?

thanks in advance for any info
    ann

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

Blog Entries
    Lemon laws are different state-to-state. You might check with your state's bar association - most have a program where you can get one pro-bono consultation with an attorney, you will want to find one who specializes in lemon law cases.

Call your state Attorney General's office. They will be able to tell you if your state has lemon laws for consumer goods other than cars. Your Local BBB should also have the information on Lemon Laws.

As for the price of the Babylock - It is anyone's best guess because as women, we don't understand the intricacies of finances and payments and how to budget and such, so you'll have to take a man with you to the sewing center to find out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)
    huh? Maybe you meant to post this somewhere else?

Blog Entries
    A Babylock Serenade should cost you $1300-1500. I bought 2 of them at the same time (one for me and one for DD)shortly after they came out in the spring, and paid, I think...either $1225 or 1250 @, can't remember which. BUT...I have a great dealer whom I'm on first name basis with, they know me well and I'm a very loyal customer! But I think $1500 should buy you one. Be sure to tell them to sharpen their pencil!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
    Call your state Attorney General's office. They will be able to tell you if your state has lemon laws for consumer goods other than cars. Your Local BBB should also have the information on Lemon Laws.

As for the price of the Babylock - It is anyone's best guess because as women, we don't understand the intricacies of finances and payments and how to budget and such, so you'll have to take a man with you to the sewing center to find out.
    I assume this is a joke. I am truly and utterly a woman, a wife, a mother of 4, grandmother of 2 (so far!). In addition I am totally able to understand the intricacies of finances, payment, and budgets. My mother who had a high school education was able to figure it out, and I am certainly able to do so with a MBA. Please, please reassure me it is a joke! :lol:

Pam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanoePam
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom

I assume this is a joke. I am truly and utterly a woman, a wife, a mother of 4, grandmother of 2 (so far!). In addition I am totally able to understand the intricacies of finances, payment, and budgets. My mother who had a high school education was able to figure it out, and I am certainly able to do so with a MBA. Please, please reassure me it is a joke! :lol:

Pam
    I think (I sincerely HOPE anyway) that she was being sarcastic. Gosh I hope so. A smilie of some kind might have helped.

Blog Entries
    LOL, sounds like sarcasm to me!

Definitely sarcasm!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast