Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bailey 17E

Bailey 17E

I just order a bailey 17E quilting machine so excited suppose to get it next week some time. Does anyone have this machine do u like it any suggestions? I have a mega quilter 9" right now and I love it quilted on it for about 1 1/2 yrs. and never had any problem with it. It is a work horse. I hope the bailey is just as good. I just wanted more room to quilt in the bolocks.
    Bring Your Conscious awareness to the source of loving and Caring

Blog Entries
    congrats... i'm excited for you. i saw it at the shop where they're made... very impressive. it wasn't set up to use, but the 13" was. it works very well.
    Nancy in western NY

Congrats, enjoy your machine!

I'm excited for you! Are you going to use it on a frame or table?
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    I just order a bailey 17E quilting machine so excited suppose to get it next week some time. Does anyone have this machine do u like it any suggestions? I have a mega quilter 9" right now and I love it quilted on it for about 1 1/2 yrs. and never had any problem with it. It is a work horse. I hope the bailey is just as good. I just wanted more room to quilt in the bolocks.
    I have the Bailey 15' - purchased it used from a lady in Kansas....don't know that the 17' was available then....I think it is a good machine and I also have the Viking Mega Quilter and still use it for piecing and other straight sewing....I think it is a wonderful machine, but just like you needed a bit more throat space for easier quilting! Do hope you enjoy your Bailey!!
    Penny (Scotlass)

I have the Bailey 15 and I love it. Mine sits in a custom made table and it's a dream to use.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Congratulations! I have the same machine on a Grace Majestic frame which I also love. No regrets in getting them. There will be a learning curve, but this is normal with any new machine you buy anyway. I bought mine in Sept. of 2012. Enjoy!

Banned
    I bought a used one in June, have only quilted one wall hanging on it and some practice pieces, but I am in love with it. So easy to use. Some initial tension issues, go to the Baileys yahoo group, some terrific ladies helped me out and it was working perfectly in no time. Enjoy!

Going to use it on my next generation frame. Still haven't receive it yet. Can't wait.
    Bring Your Conscious awareness to the source of loving and Caring