Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Batting for Lap Quilt

Batting for Lap Quilt

I know this has been discussed many times. I'm a brand new quilter and I was wondering what batting I need to buy for my lap quilt. I will be hand quilting it . It is an Ohio Star pattern block. We live in Texas and I do not want to make it too warm. We will be and we only be using it to cover feet while watching tv. Thanks.

If you want a little heavier quilt, warm and natural is nice to work with. If you just want a little lap quilt polyester will work well, ,warm but not hot.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Swalters12 View Post
    I know this has been discussed many times. I'm a brand new quilter and I was wondering what batting I need to buy for my lap quilt. I will be hand quilting it . It is an Ohio Star pattern block. We live in Texas and I do not want to make it too warm. We will be and we only be using it to cover feet while watching tv. Thanks.
    You might consider a piece of flannel instead of batting-----------if three layers aren't too hard to quilt thru.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I live in NE Texas and don't want a lap quilt to be to warm. I use warm and natural or Hobbs 80/20 and do not think either of those would be to warm or heavy.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Quilter's Dream request weight. It's very thin, lightweight and doesn't have a scrim.

No Batting!

I grew up with quilts from my cousins and they put no batting in them at all. One of the quilts was tied, and the other was just finished with knife-edge finishing. I've used them for night unto 50 years now.
    Bikerlady21