Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batting question

I need to stock up on batting and I usually buy Warm and White. What is your favorite and why? I know that Charismah often uses Hobbs Poly Down. Does anyone use this and do you like it? I know it's a lot less expensive than a lot of the others. DH just got an 18% pay cut and I'm retired so I really have to economize. Thanks for your input.

Blog Entries
    I use Hobbs Poly Down & I like it just fine. I've used whatever Wallmart sells many times, & I've used Themobond. All were fine.

Anybody use the fusible batting? I have always used in my limited sewing career the Warm and Natural. Is there something better. I usually wait to get it on sale at JoAnns.

I have used Warm and Natural and warm and white almost excusively. Recently I have tried Poly down, Quilters Dream wool and even a bamboo batt. I LOVED the poly down and the wool. I'm planning to order a roll of the poly down. Only will use the wool on special quilts. You can wash that but not dry it in the dryer.

Blog Entries
    I like the Warm ands. But I am making friends with Hobbs 80/20 too.

Blog Entries
    I just used Hobbs PD and I really like it, though it does seem to not handle heat as well as some other polys or maybe I just had the iron on too high.

When did you need to iron your batt? I'm just curious!

I like Warm and White and Hobbs 80-20. I have also used fusible and generally like it -- just a word of advice don't iron it to flatten it and don't wash it.

I forgot I was working with fusible and tried to iron it because it was pretty wrinkled and -- you guessed it I glued the iron to the batting and the batting to the ironing board. It's funny now. If you prewash the fusing stuff washes out, so that is not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow
    Anybody use the fusible batting? I have always used in my limited sewing career the Warm and Natural. Is there something better. I usually wait to get it on sale at JoAnns.
    I use fusible batting in some of the bag and purses I make.

Power Poster
    I like Hobbs 80/20 fusible queen size batt. I usually get it 50% off with a Michael's coupon. I just found out that the Michaels near me will no longer be stocking it! What? I was very disappointed. I will stock up on my next trip to the U.S. Some people like fusi-boo. It is a fusible bamboo quilt batt I think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast