Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: batting

Blog Entries
    i always use an 80/20. i don't care for the puffy look

I use Warm and natural. My machine does weird stuff when I use anything else. It does not like poly.

Quote Originally Posted by GemState
    Hi Scissor Queen
    When you order Hobbs by the case do you get the Hobbs Heirloom 80/20? Do you hand quilt? If so, how does this batting quilt?
    HI GemState.... I wouldn't try to use Hobbs 80/20. There is a scrim embedded in the batting which makes hand quilting a little harder. I heard from people who hand quilt to check out Quilter's Dream batting. I don't remember which one is the best for hand quilting.

Hey ManiacQuilter, thanks for the heads up. I usually use Warm and Natural/White and find it to work well. Maybe I will just stick to what I have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Quote Originally Posted by GemState
    Hi Scissor Queen
    When you order Hobbs by the case do you get the Hobbs Heirloom 80/20? Do you hand quilt? If so, how does this batting quilt?
    HI GemState.... I wouldn't try to use Hobbs 80/20. There is a scrim embedded in the batting which makes hand quilting a little harder. I heard from people who hand quilt to check out Quilter's Dream batting. I don't remember which one is the best for hand quilting.
    I hand quilted some Quilter's Dream Request weight. Like quilting thru butter!! The Hobbs Heirloom doesn't have a scrim but it's resin bonded. I really like it for machine quilting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2