Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting for table runners? >

Batting for table runners?

Batting for table runners?

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM

I used a thicker flannel backing, no batting, loved the result. This time I don't have cream flannel so I ironed on some pellon, but it seems too stiff. I probley will remove it and go get thicker flannel again.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM

For table runners and small items I use very thin batting Quilters Dream Poly Request Batting I buy throw size 60 x 60 sold at the Fabric Depot.com in Portland Oregon I buy it online. It works very nice and is soft and thin I do use it for handquilting but the package says also useful in machine quilting.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by SUZAG View Post
Thank you all for the reply's, I feel much better...LOL I guess there isn't any quilting police rules on the batting, whatever tickles your fancy...I guess when I see something quilted, I expect a little batting but I can also see the problem with the poly poofyness also. Probably the cotton batting would be the way to go. Thanks again!
The first table runner I made I was thinking it was to protect the table from things that might mark it, whether heat or wet or ... I used too puffy a polyester, and it never laid completely flat. So now I decide what I'm going to use it for, then either put in warm 'n natural, with our without thermo-whatever-it-is, or flannel, just to smooth it out.