Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Bernina 440 QE

  1. #1
    Super Member Tinabodina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    1,091
    Do any of you have the Bernina 440 QE? I would like some input on what you think about the machine. Is there a machine out there that is similiar but not as many dollars?

  2. #2
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,327
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinabodina
    Do any of you have the Bernina 440 QE? I would like some input on what you think about the machine. Is there a machine out there that is similiar but not as many dollars?
    I have a friend who has one and likes it immensly. I have a B1260, and a B730E and wouldn't part with either for all the tea in China. Another two friends have B630s. We all love our Berninas, - to us there is a reason they are dearer - simply, they are better.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    442
    I love my Bernina 440 QE. I don't know about similar models that are cheaper because I have little experience with comparing models and manufacturers. My husband "gave me this Bernina for Christmas" -- tee hee -- but I waited until the following September to actually purchase it when a local store had its annual 25% off everything-Bernina sale. Since I bought this machine, I have discovered lots of people who own this model and I've never heard any complaints about it.

    Incidentally, I did not get the embroidery attachment, which was an additional $1,000, because I am not interested in that whole 'nother aspect of sewing.

  4. #4
    Super Member plainpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    3,621
    Blog Entries
    11
    I have the 440.....no embroidery & have never had the 1st prob.She'll be 2 yrs old next Spring.Sorry I'm not up to date on other machines.


    Quote Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
    I love my Bernina 440 QE. I don't know about similar models that are cheaper because I have little experience with comparing models and manufacturers. My husband "gave me this Bernina for Christmas" -- tee hee -- but I waited until the following September to actually purchase it when a local store had its annual 25% off everything-Bernina sale. Since I bought this machine, I have discovered lots of people who own this model and I've never heard any complaints about it.

    Incidentally, I did not get the embroidery attachment, which was an additional $1,000, because I am not interested in that whole 'nother aspect of sewing.

  5. #5
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,093
    I had one it was great ,I wanted a long arm so I had to sell off a few machines and she had to go,lol.I also have Husqvarna's-I was not parting with them,lol

  6. #6
    Super Member plainpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    3,621
    Blog Entries
    11
    LOL....I sold the HV to get the 440....isn't it great that we have so many choices? No room for long arm here,but know it must be great to have one.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    I had one it was great ,I wanted a long arm so I had to sell off a few machines and she had to go,lol.I also have Husqvarna's-I was not parting with them,lol

  7. #7
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,093
    lol,yes it is great to have choices

  8. #8
    Super Member Rachelcb80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, MS
    Posts
    1,058
    I have a 440QE (no embroidery) and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm sure if you went to your local Bernina dealer they would be able to show you comparable models in whatever price range you're looking for. This 440 is my first Bernina but I'm a customer for life already!

  9. #9
    Senior Member quilter41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N Indiana
    Posts
    528
    Go for it if you think it's what you want. Had one and went back to my first love HV

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    12
    I have the 440 QE and love it!! I recently got the embroidery module and am having a lot of fun learning how to use it. Fortunately I have great support from the store where I bought it and they are on speed dial!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.