Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Husband EVER!

Best Husband EVER!

My husband got me a new sewing machine for our anniversary this week!! I was not expecting it at all - I'd put one on my amazon wish list thinking maybe I'd get it for Chanukah/Christmas.

It's a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. It came with an INSANE package of add-ons - an extension table, almost 20 different feet, and a hard case, automatic thread cutter, automatic needle threader to name a few. Basically the only feature I would have wanted that it doesn't have is a knee lift presser foot. It also can do over 600 different stiches - I was playing around with it last night and made the picture attached just trying things out. It is also SO MUCH QUIETER than my old machine. People always talk about watching TV when they're sewing, and I always thought "how can you possibly watch TV over the noise of the sewing machine??" I honestly didn't realize that it was not the norm that mine sounded like a freaking jackhammer.

I know it's not as fancy as the machines that some of you have, but considering that my last machine was a $79 Singer 1507 that did 8 stitches, had a needle that fit crookedly in the shank, and had no electronic features, it's a HUGE step up for me. And given the array of features and accessories, I feel like it was a really good value for the price at only $330!

Name:  Singer 9960.JPG
Views: 4069
Size:  54.1 KB

You are blessed indeed! I love those stiches, escpecially the top one Have fun with your new machine!

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful machine!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Congrats! Great hubby! Looks like it does some beautiful stitching - enjoy!

Banned
    Enjoy your new machine, how exciting!

Enjoy it to the fullest!!! It will make quilts for a long time!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Give that man a KISS! Then make him a quilt - he's a keeper and sounds like your new machine is, too!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

What a wonderful hubby to buy you this machine. Enjoy!

I LOVE that top stitch! It would be great for my doggie beds to machine bind. Congrats on your wonderful goody!

Happy anniversary! Enjoy your new machine. Love that top row of stitches - too cute!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast