Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bittersweet! >

Bittersweet!

Bittersweet!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

You always have the nicest things to say, Daph

Also, debbieumphress and SuzanneTx and STMP5 all live in Texas. Good Luck. I guess it is better than being unemployed.

Originally Posted by amazon
Guess it felt like a sucker punch to the gut.So sorry this happened. Well, being cliche' As they say when one door closes another one opens. Put your computer to work for you. Make a postive list, first & most important .... A list of quilt shops in the area, area restuarants and so on.Then make that con list. I think that you'll find the positive outweighs the negative. Life is to short, BLOOM where your planted or in your case transplanted. Will say a prayer for you & your family. Remember the words of Lee Ann Womacks song "Dance".
Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 AM

In mid-February there is a quilt exhibit in Winedale, TX, which is roughly halfway between where you live and where I live. I'll bet that would be a great place for you to meet other quilters and get a feel for your business prospects in central Texas. Here's the web address http://www.cah.utexas.edu/news/press...=press_mccrady Maybe several of us from this forum could find our way over there to welcome you, and we could get together for lunch or coffee while we're there. Google maps says it's an hour and 11 minutes east of Elgin, and there's no city driving going that way.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 AM

My DH was in the Army. He was in Texas for many years. I stayed home here in Nevada. We made it work for many years him coming home or the kids and I going down there. Hes out now and home but we still LOVE Texas. Kileen is a wonderful place and full of military so everyone you talk to is very helpful. You have to go to the river walk and enjoy some of the wonderful sites. You will meet new friends and love it. I know we did and miss it from time to time. Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Minister
I have been working so hard to get my business ready to open and my dh job shut down and he was offered a higher position at a plant in Austin,Tx. and he ACCEPTED! Can you believe this! All of my dreams have went up in smoke! I am in Tx now so he could look at the plant and the city. I was hoping he did not really care for it but nooooo he loves it. When we get back home we're moving. I am numb! My kids live in Killeen and is an hour away. I know no one in Austin or anywhere else in Tx.
Life's about changes, and you are living. No, it isn't what you planned, but that doesn't mean that it isn't God's way of moving things about to put you where you need to be...maybe not for your reasons--but for his?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:30 AM

I live in the DFW area and Austin is perfectly located to go on over to San Antonio or up to Dallas. There is a quilt guild in Austin and quilt shops in the area. The Dallas Quilt Show is in March and it is always great. Its hard to leave everything but just think how close you will be to Kileen, TX now.

mltquilt

P.S. PM if you would like to meet at Dallas Quilt Show.