Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bittersweet! >

Bittersweet!

Bittersweet!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Where are you moving from? Good luck. Maybe it will be a wonderful adventure after all. :thumbup:
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Thanks you guys! I was so disappointed I did not see anything positive. This place is so big and I am scared. The traffic is so much busier than what I am used to in the country in Georgia. I was opening up a quilting shop in my small town. OMG! The bridges almost sent me into cardiac arrest(LOL). This guy on his job has abig nice house in a place called Elgin,Tx. We suppose to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully I can lose my fear and drive around the place alittle bit but not without dh! Again Thanks you guys. You are the best :lol:
Old 01-21-2011, 06:13 PM
kbs

It is tough being uprooted. My kids live 500 miles away so I know how you feel. But in today's world, just getting a job is great. Can you set up your business in the new town?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM

Oh this stinks. My mother's education and career were completely disrupted by my father's career, but eventually she said enough was enough and stopped moving with him. They're more happily married now than ever.

But that's another story. LOL

The MOST important part of your business has not changed - that's YOU! Wherever you are, you will be able to make your dream a reality. Lost your community? Whatever endeared you to your current hometown will make you a star in the new one, too.

Believe in yourself. Sometimes life hands us lemons, but nobody ever said you couldn't bring your own tequila and salt. ;)
Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Oh hon, i'm so sorry. But Texas is great. I'm from there but live in Colorado (too far away). Austin is a great City and has lots to offer. when you get settled, look for quilt shops and other quilters. you will find them.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Austin is a fabulous city!! I'm so sorry you've had the rug pulled out from under you however. I've had that happen as well. Give Austin a chance. There are beautiful and numerous quilt shops, huge JoAns, great food, music of all kinds, lots of lakes,rivers, GREAT winter weather, hot summers for water sport types, great health care and lots and lots of friendly Texans. I'm in Round Rock a suburb directly north. PM me when you get settled. We'll do lunch!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Believe me, those roads and big interchanges can be challenging! I swore after my first trip to Dallas that I would never drive on LBJ freeway--but I did. But I also found ways to get where I wanted to go without driving on the busy interstates and roads. Hopefully you'll be able to do the same. I hope you will be able to open a quilting shop there and have a wonderful business. If you've always lived in your hometown, this is definitely a shock to the system! May it be a "good" shock!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

It will be okay. I'm sure you will make new friends in Austin. I would be so thrilled and thankful if my husband were offered a better job, especially after losing his present one! I would have to call that a huge BLESSING, even if it does involve a move.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:01 PM

Things will work out for the best! Austin is a beautiful city, but I admit I hate driving in it! DH and I have friends that work in Austin but live near Lockhart. Welcome to Texas...I'm just about an hour away!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Relax..Austin is a wonderful city once you get used to it! They have bumper stickers that say "Keep Ausitn Weird"! It is a very hippy, groovy, village type city! And I only live 45 mins away! So maybe we can hook up and be quilting buddies or shop hop buddies! You never know!

I do know one thing: When God shuts one door, He opens another!
Could not have said this any better. It will be ok!