Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Bobbin?? Size L Size M???

  1. #1
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    I want to get a Towa Bobbin Case Tension Case... but they come sized for L and sized for M size bobbins. How do I know what size the Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 uses. When I go to the website, it just says LARGE. Also, does anyone know if there is one out there for BOTH sizes of bobbins????

  2. #2
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I want to get a Towa Bobbin Case Tension Case... but they come sized for L and sized for M size bobbins. How do I know what size the Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 uses. When I go to the website, it just says LARGE. Also, does anyone know if there is one out there for BOTH sizes of bobbins????
    try calling a local phaff dealer in your area and ask them. 8-)

  3. #3
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I want to get a Towa Bobbin Case Tension Case... but they come sized for L and sized for M size bobbins. How do I know what size the Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 uses. When I go to the website, it just says LARGE. Also, does anyone know if there is one out there for BOTH sizes of bobbins????
    try calling a local phaff dealer in your area and ask them. 8-)
    I won't... :) I went in to my Pfaff dealer and asked for new bobbins, told them the name of the machine, got the wrong size. My fault for not looking, but I assumed............... Then I took those back and they informed me they didn't HAVE a Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 and they'd never heard of it!!! I drug the clerk up to the front of the store and showed her that the ONLY longarm they had in the store is a Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8. The store isn't that big, they should know what's in the store!!!

  4. #4
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    A simple google search told me that these bobbins are the same as for the Husqvarna and Janome. I think it also fits my Brother. It is a small bobbin, so it should be L.
    M bobbins 1" diameter so you can measure and be sure.

  5. #5
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    NOPE! It's not the same size as my Janome.....it's bigger, so it must be the M....thanks. And here I thought L would have stood for Large!!!!!

  6. #6
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,235
    I can't believe they didn't know it was at the store.

  7. #7
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    NOPE! It's not the same size as my Janome.....it's bigger, so it must be the M....thanks. And here I thought L would have stood for Large!!!!!
    Is it 1"? I am going to make a phone call and ask one of the LQS here.

    I called and it is the L Bobbin!

  8. #8
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,327
    Blog Entries
    19
    I have an HQ Sweet Sixteen and it uses an M bobbin, which measures 1in diameter. All my domestic machines (Bernina, Singer, use the L bobbins, the diameter seems to be the same (though smaller than the M bobbin), but the depth of them varies.

  9. #9
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    NOPE! It's not the same size as my Janome.....it's bigger, so it must be the M....thanks. And here I thought L would have stood for Large!!!!!
    Is it 1"? I am going to make a phone call and ask one of the LQS here.

    I called and it is the L Bobbin!
    It's a 1"!!!!!

  10. #10
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    I am now sooooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!

    Saidiemae says 1" bobbin is M
    LaceLady says 1" bobbin is L

    :) :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.