Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying a Bernina 750 >

Buying a Bernina 750

Buying a Bernina 750

Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Yammerine View Post
I totally agree that something is wrong. And I see that another member has a similar experience. I contacted Bernina USA about this, and asked on their Facebook page when they expect the 750s to come in. Wll see what they say. I did ask about the warranty. It will start after I take possession. They actually scheduled me to start the 3 free classes next week. Thanks.
If you take the free classes starting next week and don't get your own machine for a couple of months you will have forgotten everything that you were taught. You won't have a 750 at home to practice what you learned on. This dosen't sound like it is in your best interest but that is just my opinion.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 PM

England calling. I ordered my bernina 440nq on a Saturday. Received machine on the Monday. I even changed the machine from Saturday morning to dinner time.
Why the delay. The machine should be in stock and ready to buy not a wait. Even my brother machine I ordered from brother themselves and arranged a collection from a shop plus a demo . My only problem was I took my 2 young nephews 6 and 3 who listened very intently to all the instructions. When we got home I cooked a meal while they undid the machine and started sewing with it on the dining table by themselves after listening to the demo. They did manage to break the needle but I was glad of that because it took my brother ages to undo the screw as it was so tight and I live alone.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM

I have the 750 and yes there is a wait, but it's worth it. Be patient (I had a hard time doing that) it will come. My dealer had the 710 and 780 on display and can't keep them in stock and that was back in December. Even now there is a waiting list. Bernina is distributing them evenly between their dealers, so everyone has a fair shot of getting them in stock and yours may only get 1 or 2 at a time. I would think your dealer would be willing to hold off on giving you classes until you have your machine if you ask them. Most dealers are willing to work with you. As for financing, I can't help you there. I put a down payment on mine so they would hold it for me when it came in.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 AM

I was told last week there is currently a three month backlog on the 750. No thank you. There are other brands just as nice without the wait.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Today, I talked with the Bernina dealer. She said Bernina can't keep up with the demand for the 710/750, but it's getting much better now. She also said, they don't want a machine sitting on the shelf for a few months and then sold as a new machine. There might have been an upgrade that won't be on the new machine warehoused at the store, so choose to get the latest machines when they're purchased.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Thank you, everyone for posting. I had a nice surprise today while I went to the dealer to look at their 820 floor model that they said I could buy if I couldn't wait for my 750. 15 minutes into the conversation and UPS showed up with a 750 that my dealer was not expecting! So they said I could take that one! I actually communicated with Bernina USA a few times on email, arguing my point. I wrote on their Facebook page. I called my dealer saying I would cancel if I can't have a machine soon. They in turn hounded Bernina USA too. The funny thing is that they did not promise me or the dealer that they could speed things up (they told me if someone ordered it this week, they would have their machines end of April). But I guess my persistence paid off. They shipped me one! i did not go to class last week. I also recognized it is pointless if I don't have my machine to practice. any way, I am going in on Wednesday for my 1 on 1 class to learn the basics. Then I will take the machine home. They run the mastery series once a month, 3 consecutive Fridays. So I will take the ones in April. Thank you again for all your good advice. I will post again after I make a quilt with it. I am happy!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Default In your interest to make payments to own

[QUOTE=Yammerine;5895315]Hello,

I am a newbie here.
I went to a Bernina dealer 2 weeks ago and purchased a brand new Bernina 750. I financed it and was told I may have it in 2 weeks, but if my payments are due before I receive the machine,
QUOTE]

You are dealing with Bernina, who is one of the finest and highly reputable companies you could possibly deal with. Additionally, it is in your interest to start making payments so you can fully own it free and clear as early as possible. You will also be boosting your FICO credit score with every payment. Since you have selected a very popular newly released model, supply will be tight and a small waiting period is understandable. Before you know it, your brand new Bernina machine will arrive and you will be in sewing heaven! Enjoy.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM

Skytop - Welcome to the board! This thread is from February.