Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Can a Store Have TOO Much Fabric?

DSJ, Don't think I would ever shop there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie
    I visited a quilt shop this week and was so overwhelmed by all of the fabric that I couldn't really "see" what they had! I travel quite a bit and make it a point to find LQSs. Some are smaller and decisions on what to buy are easier. Others are large with hundreds, or thousands, of bolts and I just stand frozen to the spot! I almost feel dizzy! Anyone else experience this?

Fortunately, as evidenced by my stash, this isn't a permanent problem :lol:
    I totally agree......I also feel that same way when we go to Cold Stone Ice Cream.....LOL

Yes, but then I resolve to focus on first one area, then the next, then the next. It's easier to eat the elephant one bite at a time. I'm just glad when there's so much all under one roof... that way I don't have to drive around looking for other shops. In Houston, that's a big plus!

Yes, I react the same way, have the same problem in the mall.

Sharon

Ihave shopped at one of theseshops and love it. I can fins so many fabrics to meet my needs and I could stay all day. The shop keeps accurate records ofall the fabrics and if you want something specifically, they take u right to it.

Hi Tootsie!!! I am new to quilting but my quilting sister has successfully got me started on this journey! We are going to a small quilt store on Friday in a town near us and from what I have seen of it,..WoW! It is a small store front but is just bursting with fabric!
    One big reason we are going (to the fabric store) is to see what 'classes' they offer as all of their instructors also work the store. Though my sister is an experienced quilter, and I am learning under her tutelage, she thinks I am ready for this step so "onward"!
    Being a newbie---I am shocked at what my sister has helped me to understand and create! Quilting has given me a new perspective on my sister's talents / abilities and made us even stronger than we already are!
    So carry on Tootsie and everyone and onward to the quilter's stores and enjoy the fabric hunt!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11