Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution! Don't do what I did

That is a shame the motel didn't save and keep these for you. People leave things all the time in motel rooms and they should have a process to handle these things. I am sorry this happened to you.

Hope you're able to find a replacement soon.
    Heather

Most hotels do have a lost and found process of some sort - but even then things get miss placed. When I worked front desk the head house keeper would bring us the found stuff everyday in a bag with the room number on it, but if someone called about something we didn't have at the desk I would sometimes find it in the oddest places. On shelfs in the laundry, or supply rooms, on their lunch table, or under the folding table... I don't think there was ever any malicious intent, but we are all human, and good intentions aside things get misplaced and overlooked (remote control in fridge syndrome). You may try calling back one more time just to see if it's popped up somewhere- or possibly just been tossed in a drawer with the rest of the random cords.

I am so sorry, I hope you are able to get a cord soon.

Blog Entries
    Well, it seems no one else has ever left a library book. But I did. You'd think they could send it to the library, but....
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I was doing some sewing in our motel room and I left the electric cord and machine pedal when we checked out. I was not aware that I had left it until 2 wks later. Needless to say, they couldn't find the missing cord. And now my sewing is on hold until I can find a new cord. My machine is a Janome Stylist 509. Don't make the same mistake I did.

If you travel with your supplies often, maybe you need to print a little check list to take each time.
    Machine
    cord
    controller
    scissors
    scraps
    thread
    etc
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by MaryLane View Post
    I am really surprised they don't have it. We have stayed at hotels before and not brought the charger with us. They have had a box of miscellaneous cords at the desk that they let us borrow from.
    {giggle} ... and where do you think all those misc.cords came from? - forgotten, left behind, abaondoned ...
    Liz / Calgary

Hard lesson to learn. Your cord and peddle is probably in their spare misc. box. Sorry Sandy 64

I would not take my sewing machine anywhere. When I go somewhere it is for visiting or sightseeing.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz92B View Post
    {giggle} ... and where do you think all those misc.cords came from? - forgotten, left behind, abaondoned ...

That is what I meant. They obviously KEEP those left behind. Perhaps it is just the obvious "electronics" related type they know someone else will probably need.

I will say that when I was packing up from home to go to my son's wedding 6 hours away I grabbed a machine but now foot controller. I had made all of the dresses and wanted a machine "just in case". My husband is the one that asked me where it was. Machine never left the car but if I had needed it, I had it. I guarantee you if I had NOT gotten that foot controller, I would have needed it!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast