Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Charm quilts

Banned
    What exactly is a charm quilt? does each patch have to be different with no repeats?

I just figured it was one that used those little 5 inch charm squares that you buy.

Banned

I have been collecting fabrics to make a charm quilt. I have over 400 different fabrics by Kansas Troubles Quilters-going back many years. I just started really collecting them last year, so I had to do an extensive online search for some of the older ones. I have not decided on a pattern yet and am still collecting (now I just collect charm packs) but it has been fun to see how many different ones I could find. I have at least 2 fabrics from every line they ever made.

You could collect 30's reproductions, civil war reproductions, red/white/blue, pinks and browns, etc-any combination you want. The pieces do not have to be big and it is fun to swap with friends too. The hunt for fabrics is almost as much fun as making the quilt!!

Banned
    Marcia, I have quite a few fabrics by Kansas Troubles, mostly from both Bound to the Prairie lines, but some others as well. I'd be happy to dig them out and let you know the specifics of what I have. In true 'charm quilt' fashion, I could send you any you are missing that I have. Interested? This quilt is entirely, front and back, Kansas Troubles http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/8684.page

Here's some charm quilts I finished awhile back. What is good about buying a 'charm pack' is that you get alllllll of the fabric out of that line w/o a huge expense or an overabundance of fabric you may never use again. I love them for they are quick. There are many patterns online and this pattern was at: www.fatquarter.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oops, I had 2 on there..guess the other went to the cyber villian:))Here it is...the top one is the 'Mother Goose' fabric line-very vintage looking and this one went to my brother and I believe the fabric line was 'Jacob's Ladder'-Skeat

Attached Images Attached Images  

They are both lovely

Thanks!:)Skeat (They were quick to make)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    I have been collecting fabrics to make a charm quilt. I have over 400 different fabrics by Kansas Troubles Quilters-going back many years. I just started really collecting them last year, so I had to do an extensive online search for some of the older ones. I have not decided on a pattern yet and am still collecting (now I just collect charm packs) but it has been fun to see how many different ones I could find. I have at least 2 fabrics from every line they ever made.

You could collect 30's reproductions, civil war reproductions, red/white/blue, pinks and browns, etc-any combination you want. The pieces do not have to be big and it is fun to swap with friends too. The hunt for fabrics is almost as much fun as making the quilt!!
    Marcia, I'm addicted to Kansas Troubles!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast