Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing the right color combinations is easy with these ...

This idea is not my own but worth sharing....
    For those of us who have difficulty in choosing the colors for our projects and can't seem to get the right combinations try this.
    Go to your local paint store and check out the paint chips and charts. The paint brochures have all types of matches and color coordinate ideas and even some that you would not think of.
    The best part is that these helpful tools (paint chips, brochures etc) are free. Love that word! Anyway, I know many of you don't need any help....but just incase someone might....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carron
    For those of us who have difficulty in choosing the colors for our projects and can't seem to get the right combinations try this.
    Go to your local paint store and check out the paint chips and charts. The paint brochures have all types of matches and color coordinate ideas and even some that you would not think of.
    The best part is that these helpful tools (paint chips, brochures etc) are free. Love that word! Anyway, I know many of you don't need any help....but just incase someone might....
    Thank you so much!!! I need help so bad with putting together colors..I can do like a print with a solid but putting prints with prints together, I have a very hard time..Going to try this ;)

Great idea! Thanks!

Love this idea!

Thank you, I even bought a color wheel from JA to help me.But I think This will help more

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    The last time I had to make a quilt for my DD and DGS I asked them to go to the paint store, pick chips the colors they wanted in their quilt, and mail them to me. From those I then chose prints at the LQS to match the chips. They were amazed how close to the chips I came, I sent the chips back to them with the quilts.

Jan in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    The last time I had to make a quilt for my DD and DGS I asked them to go to the paint store, pick chips the colors they wanted in their quilt, and mail them to me. From those I then chose prints at the LQS to match the chips. They were amazed how close to the chips I came, I sent the chips back to them with the quilts.

Jan in VA
    That is a great idea Jan! No more guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Quote Originally Posted by Carron
    Thank you so much!!! I need help so bad with putting together colors..I can do like a print with a solid but putting prints with prints together, I have a very hard time..Going to try this ;)
    What I do with prints is vary the size of the print - a large print, a med print, and/or a tiny print. And if you are trying to decide if 2 or more prints go together, step back several feet and squint. This blurs out details and you can see contrast between the print sizes. It works for me, but my choices are not always perfect either. LOL

Someone else told me that and by golly I live by it. Thanks for sharing. Wal-mart has them too. I with you, I the word "free."

Blog Entries
    What a neat idea. I never thought of that. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast