Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

Just got the new Fons and Porter mag and inside it had a clothing catalog. When I removed it it made the magazine, I bought and paid for, structurally comprimised. I also wonder do they now have my personal information. Does this matter to anyone else?

I think that they've just paid to have their catalog put in there. Personally I think that we pay enough that they shouldn't have to sell space for a whole catalog. When my subscription runs out I'm not going to renew it because of this and a few other reasons.

I agree too. I'm not renewing my either. It is the same 2 free books with your subscription for the last several yrs. I wrote them about it but never heard anything from them.
    I think the magazine have going down in its format in the last few yrs. There are other magazines I'm more interested in now or save that money for fabric or nice quilt book.

I've not been impressed with Fons and Porter. Seems like the whole magazine is an ad for their products, or certain fabric lines.

Thanks, glad to know it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    I've not been impressed with Fons and Porter. Seems like the whole magazine is an ad for their products, or certain fabric lines.
    I completely agree , I did not renew my subscription for this exact reason. I felt like I was paying for their self adverstizing.

I didn't renew mine either. Now it seem I am getting renewal offers every other day from them.

Bev
    I noticed that business with the clothes catalog some time ago. It bothered me. I know they must be making money hand over fist with all the ads in their magazine besides their line of quilting tools etc. Why do they have to mess up the magazine? it looks a little greedy to me. I've already discontinued buying their subscriptions. 8-)

I am not getting it any more either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    I completely agree , I did not renew my subscription for this exact reason. I felt like I was paying for their self adverstizing.
    Put me on the same list. I did not renew either for the same reasons. I won't even visit their website.....

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast