Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting free quilt patterns

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar

Wink Collecting free quilt patterns

How many of you look for free quilt patterns on line? I have found many and have one binder full already. With these and the patterns I have bought and books I have bought, I'll be quilting for ever! Sometimes, I just like to look through them and imagine what fabrics I would use, how I would embellish it. This cheers me up to no end. I am not a fast quiltmaker, as my quilting friends can attest. It's kind of a joke amongst us, that I talk more than quilt at our get-togethers. Lately though, since maybe last November, I have actually astounded them and have been actually sewing more than talking! And I have been doing more quilting on my own as opposed to waiting for our monthly get-togethers. I think they think I am not feeling well LOL! Anyway, I seem to be on a roll getting my UFOs done and planning what I will work on next. Anyone else like this....finding free patterns and hoping to do everyone?
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I am a new quilter and find that I am always downloading patterns, I have so many that there isn't enough time for me to do them all. I wonder how much of my memory on this lap top is used up with those and the free embroidery designs I have on it. Why do I do this and will I ever use them, do I really like them that much? I dread the day I try to "organize" this mess . . . but yet here I am just now asking for one from a fellow board member.

Have a good size file box full, have bought a few and then also have magazines and books by the gross, I will never be able to make all the quilts, but continually see something else I would love to make. lol good luck everyone.

I have collected some, but try not to over do it!

At 74 I just keep collecting patterns. I know there is no way I will ever make a dent in them but I love them all. I got all my DM's patterns and she had a lot. I will pass them all along to my DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats View Post
    How many of you look for free quilt patterns on line? I have found many and have one binder full already. With these and the patterns I have bought and books I have bought, I'll be quilting for ever! Sometimes, I just like to look through them and imagine what fabrics I would use, how I would embellish it. This cheers me up to no end. I am not a fast quiltmaker, as my quilting friends can attest. It's kind of a joke amongst us, that I talk more than quilt at our get-togethers. Lately though, since maybe last November, I have actually astounded them and have been actually sewing more than talking! And I have been doing more quilting on my own as opposed to waiting for our monthly get-togethers. I think they think I am not feeling well LOL! Anyway, I seem to be on a roll getting my UFOs done and planning what I will work on next. Anyone else like this....finding free patterns and hoping to do everyone?
    I've got more than I could ever use with my books and magazines and photos copied from here!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    i don't have them on paper, but i have a computer file full of quilt ideas. i'll never get to them all, either
    Nancy in western NY

I save free patterns on my work computer and print them off when I decide to make them. That way I save lots of paper!
    Do all for His glory.

I haven't done this with quilting patterns but you should see my cross stitch pattern collection, really need to clean that up!

I have three super-sized binders full of photos of quilts I'll make "some day". Wish I hadn't discovered the Pictures section of this site, and Flickr and Pinterest because of the thousands of beautiful quilts that I can use for inspiration. As for actual patterns, I have maybe 10 if I don't count the 15 years of quilt magazines on the bookshelves.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast