Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Color of the year for 2010

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    This weekend's newspaper announced that Pantone has named turquoise as the color of the year for 2010.

Is anyone planning on adding more turquoise to their stash? Have you noticed a trend toward turquoise in stores (in general, not just fabric stores)?

The color of the year for 2009 was mimosa yellow. Did you add more yellow to your life this year?

What do you think? Should we care about this? Or is it just another form of marketing?

Pantone turquoise
    Name:  Attachment-59717.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  10.9 KB

Isn't color amazing in the trends it creates! A few years ago you couldn't find brown anywhere. Now it's the "new black". Remember the golds/avacado hues of the 70's. Then the mauve and pastels of the 80's. As for turquise, I'll probably pass. Good thing my favorite, BLUE, never goes out of style.

Blog Entries
    I love a pale turqoise and lavendar...my favorite combination :D:D:D So yes, I am very pleased with this years color trend!!!

Personally, I don't really care. Unfortunately my kids are of the age that they and all their friends are getting married so of course the linen shops and all have the "trendy" colors out and many times those are what the kids choose. I did not add any more yellow to my life, but in the last 2 years I did make 4 quilts with the Chocolate and Teal, or Turquoise colors.

I get annoyed by trendy stuff, especially when every store you go in limits themselves to this season's flavor! I find it horribly restrictive.

So, which came first...Hoffman's choice of their Challenge fabric or Pantone's choice of color of the year (that's a rhetorical question, Hoffman is the answer)? I really dislike turquoise and will certainly not be adding any to my stash, wardrobe or decor.

Blog Entries
    Turquoise is my least favorite color.
    It seems so plastic-icky to me.

Banned
    i love that color

That happens to be my favorite color-all shades of it. I have quite a lot of it in my stash. Hey!! For the first time in my life I'm trendy!!

Banned
    I love turquoise and brown together.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast