Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: the color in your sewing room??

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Mine is definitely not white!! The background color in my avatar is the wall color, but this seems lighter than it actually is. I usually am very timid with paint color, but I wanted to have fun in my room, so I went for it. I've never regretted it. If you want yellow, go yellow.

My sewing room is covered in a small print neutral wallpaper and mounted deer horns.......yes you are reading this correctly. It's a shared space with my husband. Gun cabinet on one wall, fly tying bench on another. I have my family's old kitchen table from the 50's set up right under the window and have taken claim to the closet. Every wall is covered with deer horns. Maybe I should tie some fabric strips around the horns for Christmas while hubby is out in Kansas on a hunting boondoggle?????? Redneck sewing room?

I rent an old bungalow an the whole upstairs is painted a neutral light grey? I thought about painting it but my fabric covers all the walls, but what I did was I made a very small valance for my large sliding windows, its 10" tall by the length of the window an its a very abstract print with all the colors of the rainbow on it, it's just enough to brighten the room, and also represents all the colors in my fabrics that I use. Although I think yellow is a nice sunny color, you don't have to go real bright on it, I think it would work out ok, white is good too, but I really like alot of natural light from the window.

The first time I painted my sewing room, I went for soothing and painted it a light sage green. The second time, I painted it a nice yellow - not too bright.

Since my planning wall is white (and there is a lot of it), I didn't think I needed more white in my room.

My sewing room is bright yellow - because that color wakes me up, seems to warm up the room in the winter and I just like it. Do what you like - you are going to be spending a lot of time in that room.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12