Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: the color in your sewing room??

I had a yellow and white sewing room. I loved the yellow walls! They're so much warmer than white. I never had a problem with colors in that room.

Go with what you love and what will make you happy in your room!!

Thank you everyone for your replies i knew if i asked in here i would get some good advice !!
    you guys are great :D

I sew in my living room and the walls are rag rolled mauve on a pale grey background! The room is large and I think you should go with what you like and have lots of light! A design wall will audition your fabrics and blocks well. I use the flannel back of a large vinyl tablecloth and it works very well! :lol:

Banned
    i have neutral so it never interferes with the fabric or designs

We just painted mine last weekend. I went with a very light tan. It, so far, is very relaxing, yet clean feeling enough to get me energized. If that makes any sense at all!!!

Mine are a medium brown, my choice. Paint them whatever color you want. Something you like. Besides , once you start filling them up with quilting supplies and quilts, you won't see them anyway! LOL

Mine is light yellow. The room is on the NW corner of the house and the only natural light is the late afternoon sun that's too hot here in the high desert to allow the curtains to be open, so I wanted BRIGHT! When I'm checking colors, I haul my fabrics outside and doublecheck to make sure I'm matching them correctly.

I just changed mine to red and white and I love it. It is very bright and cheery. My oldest sister made me a quilt top and I finished it and it is red/white on a twin bed in there. I change my rooms alot especially the valances. My husband always tells everyone if there is anything that you really like in here don't get use to it because it won't be there long. I love pretty curtains.

My room is in my rec room. Actually my sewing room is the rec room :)

At the moment the walls are a grey colour with some of that old 70s panelling. It is the one room in my house I havent' reno'ed yet.. It's coming though!!!

I'm still playing with ideas myself of what colour I would like to paint my walls. I am also getting rid of the panelling! LOL

My color of my sewing room is logs and chinking........yep we live in an old log home that was made from 6 old corn cribs...........the logs are 1850's.............oh well..........but i will say it is peaceful........

Quote Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
    My color of my sewing room is logs and chinking........yep we live in an old log home that was made from 6 old corn cribs...........the logs are 1850's.............oh well..........but i will say it is peaceful........
    You must take tons of pix and post them - how fascinating!!!

Hello

Having a light, neutral color allows you to not only see colors better, but also allows you to put up wall hangings for each season and all will look nice. I have beige walls and ceilings with off white trim. Works well for hanging my wall hangings and also to put up your design wall.

superquilter

Just re-wallpapered mine and used an off white with a kind of shiny stripe pattern that makes the walls look like fabric. Brightens up the room without the stark or coldness of pure white. I also have a Daylight fixture that I love.

My walls are a light gold (desert sand) and they work, keeping me calm and the colors

Quote Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
    I would love to see photos too!!! very interesting home!

My sewing room is pale yellow with white trim and accessories are red and sage green. This color brightens the room and is not as stark as white and reflects the sunshine. Is your room near the sun and is there windows? This can make a difference if you are picking a color? I vote for yellow, egg shell or light biege. You can accsorize with color curtains and such. :D :wink: :lol:

My sewing room is part wood paneling and part wallpaper (which is tan, brown, yellow, blue and white flowers). I would REALLY like to change it to a nice soothing off white....

I will try to post a couple of the Log home pics.......but I am not good at this: for Quilt Aggi and Esqmommy.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry about that, but for some reason i can only add one picture......here is the outside of the cabin:

Bear with me......like i said......i am not good at posting.......i am currently working on a baby quilt on the bed........hope you enjoy........

My sewing room in my livingroom. We rent also so mine is an eggshell white. But it's not like I am able to hang anything up, I have 2 kittens!

My sewing room is off white. I put other items in that are purple (my fave color) so I'm not too board.

Blog Entries
    I just remembered that my first attempt at sewing room decor was PINK walls with a bird wallpaper. DH said it looked like a flamingo exploded. I thought it would be soothing - NOT! :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I just remembered that my first attempt at sewing room decor was PINK walls with a bird wallpaper. DH said it looked like a flamingo exploded. I thought it would be soothing - NOT! :cry:
    LOL -- a flamingo exploded???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well three of my walls are a very lite lilac color an the one tha is not painted is panaling an has areally nice lite coloredwood an i just didn't have the heart to cover it up an it is also the wall i look at when i'm sewing on regular machine.other wall behind me has three windows on it an lets in plenty of light even with shades down.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast