Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Colors and Prints of the seasons

Colors and Prints of the seasons

Which colors and prints would you associate with each of the four seasons? Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

For spring I love floral's, birds and garden fabrics in pastel's. Summer brighter yellow's, reds, greens and blue's. Autumn I love orange, gold, brown, tans, more shades of olive green's. Winter I go with dark colors of black, brown, rust. red's. and landscape fabrics with Winter and snow landscapes.

The colors that remind me of Spring are light green, baby pink, baby yellow, light purples and pinks. Prints that remind me of Spring are flowers, birds, and butterflies. The colors bright yellow, yellow red, hot pink, strong blues, yellows and reds reminds me of Summer. Roses, sunflowers, and seagulls also remind me of Summer. When I think of Autumn it reminds me of the colors, creamy orange, different shades of browns and dark blues, reddish orange, golden brown and deep green. Leaves, insects, and fall flowers are prints that reminds me of Autumn. When I think of Winter, it reminds me of the colors of light blue, dark purple, dark blue, dark murky green colors, and black.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
    Which colors and prints would you associate with each of the four seasons? Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
    Spring, pastel colors (light blue, green, pink, yellow). Summer, yellow, blue, biege, and white. Autumn, orange,brown, green, red. Winter, red, green, white, blue.

I agree with Lisa Marie.
    Ilma

Spring = pink flowers, birds, light greens
    Summer = blues, reds, more primary colors, water, beach balls
    Fall - deep oranges, deep reds, deep greens, deep blues, fall leaves, scarecrows
    Winter = whites, blue, purples, or red/green and Christmas prints.

Is kinda what you're looking for as an answer?

Look at picture of any given season and that gives me ideas...it depends where you live what seasons look like...here in CA - I don't see snow in the winter, but I see black, grey, dull greens and clear blue sky. I also see sandy beaches and blues and greys and....just let your imagination go.

Spring... Pastels, flowers, baskets, birds
    Summer....Brighter Primary colors, beach balls, roses, Straw Hats
    Autumn....Oranges, golds, olive greens, purples....pumpkins, leaves, cornucopias, acorns
    Winter.....Sparkling whites, true reds, bright blues and christmas greens....snowmen, wreaths, cardinals, pinetrees

Most every one has same idea as to the colors for each season. And I agree with them joyce j