Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
contemplating an accuquilt go >

contemplating an accuquilt go

contemplating an accuquilt go

Old 06-27-2016, 11:34 PM

The go baby would be a waste, imo. It can only fit the small dies up to I think 6"? So the largest cut size would be around 4" or 4.5" wide.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

When someone asks me about the Go and say I don't know how often I'd use it, too much fabric waste, dies cost too much, or the mats wear out, I say then it's probably not for you and change the subject. The ones that start off with negatives about it end up not wanting to like it and prove that to themselves.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:41 AM

You won't be able to use any of the strip dies either. I probably use those more than any of the others except some for applique. I absolutely hate cutting out flowers, leaves, etc by hand so I use my GO Electric machine. Makes life so much easier. More time spent actually appliqueing/sewing. Hate to cut out too. Actually I love to piece/hand applique more than anything.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
When someone asks me about the Go and say I don't know how often I'd use it, too much fabric waste, dies cost too much, or the mats wear out, I say then it's probably not for you and change the subject. The ones that start off with negatives about it end up not wanting to like it and prove that to themselves.
i'm not concerned with fabric waste, dies or mats...but because i do have limited time to quilt....trying to justify the bigger Go vs say buying the go baby to try it out. Anyone got a go baby that needs a home?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 PM

I love mine.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:29 AM

I got the studio for Christmas last year, on black friday, got a great deal, bought dies for the strips, 2 1/2 inch blocks and a few others. I have not used it yet, been busy and had lots of surgeries, so hoping to start using, i want to make a log cabin or two. I'm glad i have it and glad i bought the largest one. Its hard to know which one to buy, but go big or go home, thats one of my mottos, lol
Old 08-31-2016, 08:50 PM

Can the applique dies for the Go Big be used for invisible machine applique using the freezer paper method? I thought that the applique shapes would only be useful if doing fusible applique where you aren't trying to turn the edges under.Thanks!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:58 PM

I started with the GO! Now its for sale as I got the Go! BIG for a present this year...I cannot tell you how much I love the doge ears, the line ups and precision piecing I get with these dies...
Kirsten
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 PM
gml

Default Perfect sewing?

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
A friend bought hers from a quilt shop and that shop will loan out a variety of dies if you bought the cutter from their shop. But really, how often will you use it? I prefer to oversize my blocks when I can and if I need strips cut, I can use my June Tailor Quilt Shape Cut Pro.
Hi. I have very little knowledge about the Go cutters. If I am not wrong, they cut the shapes precisely for you and that would mean that you have no room for error in your piecing. I am not very accurate in my piecing so I prefer an oversized block (exactly what ManiacQuilter said) then trim down. My favourite rulers are Deb Tucker's ruler as her method of constructing blocks is to make them bigger then trim down.
Sandra
Old 09-01-2016, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by tailormaid View Post
Can the applique dies for the Go Big be used for invisible machine applique using the freezer paper method? I thought that the applique shapes would only be useful if doing fusible applique where you aren't trying to turn the edges under.Thanks!

You are correct....the app dies are designed for fusible method.