Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: cord and foot pedal for Kenmore

Blog Entries
    I was at the local St Vinnies yesterday and they had the little blue Kenmore machine....not that old, small with no cord and foot pedal....do you have any idea what they run when you purchase them????? They only had $10 on it but no good if you can't get the parts Anyone have any idea

Maybe go back and get the model #. Then you can do a google on that model # and see what pops up.

Blog Entries
    Linda, Don't know that machine, but I did have a Kenmore that was 20 years old before anything went wrong and then it was the power pedal that went bad. I was unable to buy replacement parts, was told that after that age, they no longer carry replacements, and nothing else would fit. So best check it out first. Get the serial or model number and call Sears service department.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    I was at the local St Vinnies yesterday and they had the little blue Kenmore machine....not that old, small with no cord and foot pedal....do you have any idea what they run when you purchase them????? They only had $10 on it but no good if you can't get the parts Anyone have any idea
    Linda, try this site. I purchased a cord without the foot for an older Pfaff so I could convert my domestic into a 'longarm'. I didn't want to destroy my foot pedal/cord that I had and this is the only place that was reasonable and had just the cord part.

http://sewing-machine-parts-store.com/index.asp

Blog Entries
    If you have the model number, you can also check eBay for parts -- including "completed listings". I found a foot pedal for an old Bernina that I bought from a thrift shop.

Blog Entries
    I finally got the model # and called Sears, the foot pedal/cord was $19.99 and presser foot 7.99/ so about $40.00 for the machine total. Do I really need another machine, would have to sneak it in the house LOL, overloaded now but a good deal. Figures to be about 1/2 cost but doesn't have all the trimmings a new one would

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Maybe go back and get the model #. Then you can do a google on that model # and see what pops up.
    yes, that's what I would do