Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner triangles won't line up

I need some help...I'm working on the Garden Twist pattern and can't for the life of me get the trellis to line up. (The corner triangles) I've sewn and ripped out a dozen times. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kas
    Pin more. Put a pin through the intersection, but just put it straight through so it is sticking out the back. Then put a pin on either side of the set pin and secure the fabric with those. Now remove the first pin. See if that helps with keeping it in place. If you have already been doing that, then I don't know! LOL! Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slhager
    I need some help...I'm working on the Garden Twist pattern and can't for the life of me get the trellis to line up. (The corner triangles) I've sewn and ripped out a dozen times. What am I doing wrong?
    Can you back the camera up and show a wider shot of your corner? It would help to see what comes before and after your triangle.

Edit: you could trim an 1/8" off the blue and bring the triangle up where it should sit. Pinning or tacking is also good to get it to meet well.

I'll try that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Can you back the camera up and show a wider shot of your corner? It would help to see what comes before and after your triangle.

Edit: you could trim an 1/8" off the blue and bring the triangle up where it should sit. Pinning or tacking is also good to get it to meet well.
    Bigger shot of the corner
    Name:  Attachment-271700.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  50.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kas
    Pin more. Put a pin through the intersection, but just put it straight through so it is sticking out the back. Then put a pin on either side of the set pin and secure the fabric with those. Now remove the first pin. See if that helps with keeping it in place. If you have already been doing that, then I don't know! LOL! Good luck!
    Great advice! I'm going to note this in the "quilting hints" notebook :-D

Sorry, the blue is the ironing board cover. Gotta work on my photography. LOL

Where I'm off is the lower corner of the dark green. Where the long dark green meets up with the dark green corner.

Blog Entries
    Where I'm off is the lower corner of the dark green. Where the long dark green meets up with the dark green corner.
    That corner is where you need to place the straight pin, and then the two securing pins.

Looks like you need to "ease" in the longer piece. Keeping it on the bottom will help a little.

It would also help to sew from the top of that corner -- less sewing before you get to the crucial corner. You still need to pin the other end and "ease" in the longer piece to have everything work out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LivelyLady
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas
    Great advice! I'm going to note this in the "quilting hints" notebook :-D
    i learned this from alex anderson's tv show years back

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast