Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Craftsy BOM

Blog Entries
    I signed up but haven't even started any yet.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

I have finished the first 4. The first 2 were very easy and had good instructions. The second 2 were different and I had to modify them a tad to get them to come out right. I have really enjoyed them. I need to check the ones for March but have not had time. You can access the previous blocks any time you want to.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
    I went and checked them out. They are cute but I can't find any patterns for any of the previous ones. Is it one of those sites where they are pulled once the new patterns come out? Ann in TN
    The way I understand it is that once you sign up for the class you will always have access to the videos and patterns. Just click on the month that you want to see.
    Sadiemae

This is a really nice block of the month. I just finished the string quilt block for March, will do the web one tomorrow. In my previous blocks I didn't use a scant 1/4 inch so my blocks are slightly smaller. I am hoping this won't cause to much of a problem in the end.

Blog Entries
    Ann, you do need to sign up for the class but it's free.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Chislett,
    There was some talk on the site about Amy saying that you need to add 1/2 inch to the line she was going to draw for the second block and then she said and seemed to do 1/4 inch. Did you use the 1/4 inch and does your second string block have a 1/4 inch seam around the background points so they won't be lost when you sew it to another block? I've been waiting to learn the answer to this before doing the block. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chislett View Post
    This is a really nice block of the month. I just finished the string quilt block for March, will do the web one tomorrow. In my previous blocks I didn't use a scant 1/4 inch so my blocks are slightly smaller. I am hoping this won't cause to much of a problem in the end.

March Blocks for Craftsy

Here are my blocks...the string ones are the March blocks... I do recomend that you use a scant 1/4" seam when joining the units and a consistant 1/4" in the unit construction. You may gues I am using a blue/yellow theme...
    Hope you have a super weekend.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

I am doing these, too. This month's is very similar to the simple lap quilts we make to take to shut-ins, veteran's hospital, etc. Easy, and no right or wrong.

Yesterday, I watched the first class. I have a lot of company coming in March, but I have lots of sewing time spring and summer so I hope to do them then. My brain works better with visual lessons :-) AND I love FREE lessons :-)

tHANKS very much for this tip. Pity i have already done my block. Looks like i am going to have to RE SEW the centre joining pieces to narrow the block a bit. Was fun making though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast