Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Craigslist find, opinions please

np3
    Blog Entries
    Looks nice. Did you compare the price to what they sell for new?

Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about the machine but I would definitely test drive it for quite a while. Buying from an individual - I wonder if the warranty would still apply to you. Call the company - don't ask the seller

Good luck

Banned
    I might have missed it in the ad, but are the hoops included? They can be pricey.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I don't know about the sewing machine, but that certainly is the most comprehensive listing on Craigslist that I have ever seen! Usually they include about 6 words that describe the sewing machine! (Or whatever they are selling.)

The warranty applies to the original owner only. But if the price is right and you can test drive it maybe that's acceptable to you. Probably just copied and pasted info with some additional comments. Good luck.

Julie, I do machine embroidery (have a Viking Designer SE) & can tell you that's a great deal, even if the machine is 3 yrs old. The hoop sizes are generous. I doubt if the warranty is transferable, but would be great to have. Just make sure to check it out to be sure it hasn't been dropped & perhaps has been serviced at least once (should be done once/year). I'd buy a BabyLock in a heartbeat!