Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Crooked stitches when sewing a straight stitch??

Crooked stitches when sewing a straight stitch??

My Janome 6600 has suddenly started making crooked stitches. They look kind of like tiny zig zag stitches. Things I have tried:
    Cleaned bobbin area, changed needle to new sharp point one, adjusted top tension, have same thread in top and bobbin. Have any of you had this issue? I hope it doesn't need repair. I take very good care of it. This is so frustrating. I hope someone can help fix the problem with advice.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

I don't have a Janome, but I have managed to "change" my stitch without realizing it. Make sure you are set for a straight stitch. If that's OK, I would turn it off and on again to reset. Good luck. It's no fun having a sick baby.

Power Poster
    ​Try tightening the tension on your bobbin. That is what my dealer advised when my Bernina started to have the bobbin thread not quite straight. It worked.

Thanks, I think I will unplug it for a while and then see what happens, when I turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    I don't have a Janome, but I have managed to "change" my stitch without realizing it. Make sure you are set for a straight stitch. If that's OK, I would turn it off and on again to reset. Good luck. It's no fun having a sick baby.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Do you have a straight stitch plate on? Sometimes if I'm using the plate for the zigzag I get uneven stitching.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Change thread brand as well, when you change the needle. Some machines just don't play well with some of the threads out there. Yours may have 'personality' conflicts!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.