Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: daugther suddenly understood...

what quilt making is all about. She came over last night for her first quilting lesson (from me). I set her up with some fabric that I knew I would probably never use and started her on the Friendship Block - I wanted to be able to show her squares plus triangles. Before we started the "lesson" I showed her the 4 quilts that I was trying to finish up - all in various stages of completion. She asked me what I am going to do with all the quilts I make that I don't give to someone. Told her didn't know - but sure enjoy making them anyway. Anyway, got her started, showed her the basics and later had to run a few errands and left her on her own to work on her block. When I got back she was going thru my quilt books already planning her next project - yea, she is definitely hooked - and maybe now understands why I just keep making them and making them and making them...

np3
    Blog Entries
    Great! Now you have a quilting friend!

Blog Entries
    What a great quilting buddy you have :D:D:D

Good for you! I'd love to get my DD interested in quilting too, but then we'd have to do it long distance!

Blog Entries
    I love the end to the story - just wonderful. :)

cool.I just keep making them also-can't quit.I have 1 daughter who gets it and one that doesn't.

Wonderful...that's all it takes. My daughter fell in love with it after I begged her to do a BOM with me...she had never done any sewing before, so she was hesitant. but she loved it and caught on really quick.

wonderful! My daughter doesn't show any interest in sewing, but I'm holding out hope for my granddaughter.

Congrats , you now have a whole new world to explore with your DD. How happy you both shall me sewing side by side :D :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have a similar story, I've recently gotten my mother involved. She's the one who started me sewing many years ago and it's nice to be here for her when she has a question for me! ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast