Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dead Woman Walking! LOL >

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 AM

I am afraid to count my UFOs. Crochet, knitting and especially quilting. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes I just shrug and start something new. I work best with a deadline, which is probably why the things for me don't get done.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella View Post
Did you ask your hubby to list all the things he started and never finished, or all the things that are waiting to get done but never seem to...??? Most men I know have quite a list themselves...
That's why my DH never says a thing to me! I live in a kitchen with temporary island, temporary counters, 2nd generation temporary cabinets (he replaced the first ones!), temporary sink, a huge block of soapstone is in Vermont waiting for him...half the olding trim around the new walls has not been installed, and we have only been living there since 1996.

HAHAHA
That said, I REFUSE to feel guilty about starting something I don't finish right away. Beats feeling miserable just doing one thing at a time.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:30 AM

I was recently at a quilt retreat where one of the gals introduced herself as a beginner - she said, "I begin lots of things." I like that attitude
Old 10-08-2014, 08:37 AM

I think part of our problem is we see something we think we would like to make, start it and then again see something else we would like to make and start it....it is always about that new project rather than finishing old ones. I do try and get caught up now and then but always tempted by a new pattern. I am thinking I should give some of my UFo's away to people who like finishing projects. Far too many patterns saved and far too much stash to use.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 AM

My quiltng journey is about the process. Continued projects keep me happy and my mind engaged.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 AM

I love starting new projects like the first pristine page of an exercise book, just waiting for inspiration. I quilt, knit, crochet etc etc. why ami always asked "who is that for" when you have no family nobody but I will enjoy making it.
Yes I will.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:00 AM

For me,it's more about the process than the outcome. Every ow and then,I'll have a finish- it mood and actually get something completed.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Terri D. View Post
It's not a sickness, but you are in a very large club!
Yes, you are in a VERY LARGE club. I don't have a husband or boyfriend any more that points out I have to finish up my UFOs.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

The only thing keeping me from starting another crazy quilt is because I haven't finished the 1st, 2nd or 3rd ones and that is because what I need is in a huge box behind a couple other huge boxes that I would have to get to and probably is down at the bottom of the box. This box is 30x30x30 and heavy. With those 3 and 1 needing repair and 1 a binding plus for my 2 sons and 4 DGDs. By Christmas!
Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
Last night I got on a kick to find my crochet hooks.....going through all the usual places and my husband ask me what I was doing, so I told him that I was looking for my crochet hook because I found this really easy looking pattern for a shrug and wanted to start that. He made me sit down with a pencil and paper and list everything I have started and not finished.......
So, with that being said.....I have 6 quilts started in various stages, 11 Christmas ornaments started in various stages, 4 cross stitch projects in various stages, 11 safety pin beaded watches (got all the stuff haven't started yet), a quilted table runner and 4 matching placemats kit, and now I want to start a crochet project. (In my defense I have the yarn already)!
Is this a sickness? Do I need intervention? He was being cute, but it did make me stop and think that maybe I need to focus on finishing things!
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 AM

I thought what you described was normal. My hubby will notice a new fabric and ask when I got it. I tell him I've had it for awhile now and he just smiles at me because he knows I'm an addict. If I quilted every day for the rest of my life I'd never get to everything I want to make. With that said I did finish a quilt I'd had pieced for about a year and it felt really good when I put in that last stitch.