Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dead Woman Walking! LOL >

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 AM

Default Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Last night I got on a kick to find my crochet hooks.....going through all the usual places and my husband ask me what I was doing, so I told him that I was looking for my crochet hook because I found this really easy looking pattern for a shrug and wanted to start that. He made me sit down with a pencil and paper and list everything I have started and not finished.......
So, with that being said.....I have 6 quilts started in various stages, 11 Christmas ornaments started in various stages, 4 cross stitch projects in various stages, 11 safety pin beaded watches (got all the stuff haven't started yet), a quilted table runner and 4 matching placemats kit, and now I want to start a crochet project. (In my defense I have the yarn already)!
Is this a sickness? Do I need intervention? He was being cute, but it did make me stop and think that maybe I need to focus on finishing things!
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:45 AM

It's not a sickness, but you are in a very large club!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 AM

One of my daughters says the reason I don't finish hardly anything is what she calls my ADD. Now, I have never been diagnosed with ADD by a doctor, but 4 out of my 6 grandbabies and 1 daughter out of 3 have. Perhaps you and I both have an undiagnosed underlying condition, or we just get bored and want to move on..... lol

FYI.... I sat down and made myself a list. I have 33 unfinished quilting projects (my WIP's - Works in Progress) and over 100 kits of material with the pattern that are now on my UFO list because everything is there to make the project, except me. I have sworn that I will not go nuts at the International quilt festival in Houston again this year! Oh, did I mention that I also crochet and have a few of those UFO's too and several big boxes of various threads and yards?

Although you seem to have more UFOs than I do, I also have various projects started. These various projects keep our lives interesting and exciting!

oh YES! I have 3 knitting projects...and I cannot tell you how many quilting projects. On Jan 1st I go thru my UFOs and usually stop COUNTING at 30. I was thinking my empty nest would give me more time to sew/finish, but so far NOPE! Small house update and more trips that I care to take have kept me from my sewing room so far. I too am a 'starter' and proud of it! (oh, and I have finished quite a bit this yr as well...)
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 AM

pyffer3, I hope you found your crochet hooks. There's nothing like starting a new yarny project for fun.

I have about 5 projects ready to start (materials bought) but I don't think they should be considered unfinished until they are started.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 AM

I was programmed from a young age not to finish things. Whatever I was working on, I was asked WHY I was doing it, WHY did I start with that aspect of the project, WHY wasn't I doing something else. Both parents, and then my (now ex) husband. If it wasn't verbal, then it was physical.

The time I bought my first house. The garage was detached from the house, but the large dog run was around the access door., the prior owners had used it as a dog house.

I cleaned it out, swept it. Was going to start bringing over boxes... My father put his table saw in there & started whizzin' away.

Sawdust, really? Well, I couldn't put boxes in there.

If that's what he was going to do, why wasn't he doing it until I cleaned it out???

Okay, off rant, now.

So (up until) now, I started a quilt. It might even get to flimsy stage. I'm programmed to NOT finish. (someone will ridicule me or switch me to another task). These things won't actually happen, but it's what I mentally/emotionally expect to happen.

This year, 2014, I am consciously working toward finishing things/quilts/tasks/house projects.

...related to ADD/ADHD...but not bio/physical - more toward emotional/mental.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Never, and I repeat never make a list of UFO's! I just work through mine one by one. I don't feel guilty that way when a start a new project that catches my eye. I hope you found your crochet hook and started on your shrug.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:05 AM

This is a very funny thread. Thanks for the laughs, ladies!

I agree, having various projects in the works is fun and exciting, and keeps us moving forward!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Did you ask your hubby to list all the things he started and never finished, or all the things that are waiting to get done but never seem to...??? Most men I know have quite a list themselves...