Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Jane EQ software

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    I just bought Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book with all the patterns and a lot of them look the same. need to check into it more, but they are6" blocks and I think the Dear Jane are only 4", not sure. There are 140 different blocks in this book.

Banned
    according to the book the DJs are 4.5 finished

I also have the software, but haven't had much time to play with it yet. Looks like you need some time to go through their examples.

Banned
    they have it at joann's online for under $40.

does anyone know if you can use the coupons on software - that would be a total score to get it at half off.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    does anyone have the Electric Quilt Dear Jane Software?

do you like it? have you used it to help make a DJ?

i just got the DJ book from the library and i'm very underwhelmed by the content.

the book is more like a Day Journal with line drawings - no content on assembly, design, etc.
    Hi Klue: I just bought the software and I feel the same about it as you do the book. It shows fabric sizes need for blocks and 'block tips', but no step by step instruction as to how to piece together. I emailed the company and they responded with what I already knew.

I am very disappointed and would not purchase this had I known that it was lacking in this information. I was actually thinking about purchasing the book, hoping that assembly instructions would be there. Sounds like I won't be doing that either.....

Banned
    ninnie

i was just looking at the sylvia book online and its definitely in the same vain as jane.

is this a historical quilt? i've never heard of this one before now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    does anyone have the Electric Quilt Dear Jane Software?

do you like it? have you used it to help make a DJ?

i just got the DJ book from the library and i'm very underwhelmed by the content.

the book is more like a Day Journal with line drawings - no content on assembly, design, etc.
    Hi Klue: I just bought the software and I feel the same about it as you do the book. It shows fabric sizes need for blocks and 'block tips', but no step by step instruction as to how to piece together. I emailed the company and they responded with what I already knew.

I am very disappointed and would not purchase this had I known that it was lacking in this information. I was actually thinking about purchasing the book, hoping that assembly instructions would be there. Sounds like I won't be doing that either.....
    thats a shame because unlike a book you can't return opened software.

i really don't know why the author won't let this stuff out. i guess she just wants everyone to either struggle or take her classes to make one.

when i start making the blocks i'm going to take photos and put it up on the internet.

Klue do you have to have EQ to use this software?

Here is a review of the software.

http://www.planetpatchwork.com/DearJane.htm

Blog Entries
    No it is a stand alone software.

Blog Entries
    But with all this talk , maybe I will install it this weekend and see what it is like !?! LOL I only have two projects to finish this weekend :?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast