Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Design Wall...Do You Have One?

I can really relate. I have taught Sunday School and elem. clases. Used a flannel board a lot. Thinking about what you said, My project wall is the same thing only a lot bigger. I use to tell stories with paper, now with fabric. I used flannel sheets my grandparents slept on, with a wooden dowel through a hem on the top and the bottom. Hung at the top of the wall with cup hooks. From celing to floor and as wide as a king bed. Don't know what I would do without it. I also made a smaller one out of foam board and a baby receiving blanket. Great for working with one block at a time and carring to the machine.

I read all 7 pages of posts to see what I could do, I don't want anything permanent, I don't want to devote the wall space. I liked the idea of clipping flannel fabric in front of the closet doors for a temporary design board. I have a lot of flannel fabric for future projects. My blocks aren't staying up :( I guess I will have to try the table cloth idea, hope that will work better.

I just lucked out last week we were at friends when I said I needed to get a big piece of foam that I could put over my table to pin quilts My friend said come out to the garage and guess what? He had a 5x10 sheet of 4inch hi density foam that has a type of paper on it. all I need to do is cover it with batting.Now I will have a design board and a surface to pin my quilts on. No more pining on the floor for me!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11