Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Designer Ruby Deluxe >

Designer Ruby Deluxe

Designer Ruby Deluxe

Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM

I have the Diamond, my friend brings her Ruby Deluxe over often to play. I can sit across the room and help her with the buttons, commands, etc. when she gets a little lost. They are almost identical! Great machine, trouble free and lots of bells and whistles for a lower price than TOL.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:57 PM

Can someone tell be about the software for the Ruby deluxe? I have a used machine and it’s missing the cd. I really want to upload my own designs but not sure how to do this? Please HELP!!!
Old 03-09-2024, 08:55 PM

Do you have the manual? I think the Ruby Deluxe has a USB port? You should be able to transfer your designs from your computer to a USB stick. Hopefully you have the manual which should help you. I just went looking for the Viking website as they used to have all the manuals on it but I am not sure anymore. It looks like they are just putting up a new website and I could not find the manual section. They also used to have a free software program you could use to transfer designs to a USB port and also have software you can buy but you may do not need that if you don't want to do a lot of changes on your designs. A lot can be done on the machine. I don't have a Ruby, I had a Viking SE and a Viking Topaz 40. Did you just get the machine? Are there any Viking dealers where you are? You can also just try doing a search for how to transfer designs to a Ruby Deluxe. I know there are some You Tubes out there. Sorry I can't help more. I don't know much about the new website they are putting up.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:30 AM

Thank you so much for the information. Yes, I just got the machine about 6 months ago and just now playing around with it. It does have a USB port and I do have the manual but it shows there was a cd with it at some point but I don’t have it and hope this will not keep me from doing things on it. I have been trying to work from an iPad but will try from a laptop. This is all kind of foreign to me so I’m going slow. I have a design I’m trying to move to the machine but no luck so far.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM

What kind of machine did you have before? Different brands read different types of files. Most machines now can read some of the different types of files but not all of them. Interestingly, I find that my newer machines cannot always read my older embroidery files from about 20-25 years ago. Like I said earlier, I did get a free basic program from Bernina and also Viking that would convert one type of file to one my machine would use that I could then put on a USB stick. I really haven't done much embroidery since getting my newer machines so am not very experienced in the transferring process. I really don't know what is going on with the Viking website.
I just checked again and there is more information on the website now. You have to select Viking as it looks like the main default is singer. Anyway, it looks like there is a "Basic" free program to help with accessing and transferring the design to a USB stick. There was also a caution, that the website is a new one and it is being worked on as I write!

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-10-2024 at 12:20 PM.