Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much >

Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much

Did you ever love a quilt you gave as a gift to someone so much

Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 AM

My sister got a request, from a friend, to make a quilt copied from an old tattered one. She liked the pattern and made 2. One for the friend and one for herself. She knew she was going to have a hard time giving that on up.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 AM

I make and give away a whole lot of quilts, from flannel comforters, kid's quilts, baby quilts as well as cotton pieced quilts. I really would like to keep each and every one of them. I have a strong bond to them, and love seeing them on the grandkid's beds, and know they bring joy to others. I guess we wouldn't make them if we didn't love to do it, right?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 AM

The very first quilt I ever made was a queens size bed cover with hand appliqued southern belles and dogwood blossoms. It took a long time to applique and hand quilt the whole thing. It is definitely not the fanciest or best quilt ever made, but it was a lot of work. I told my MIL when I gave it to her, that if she ever decided to get rid of it to let me know and I would come get it. She used it for several years in their beach house on the Gulf. She took it home once when a major hurricane threatened and that is where I found it when DDs and I cleaned their house. It is now back home. I am not sure what I will do with it, but at least I know it is taken care of .
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by scrappycats
Yes, it was a quilt I made for my mother last December. It was for her birthday and it was shown all through the Assisted Living home she was living at.

Sadly, I got the quilt back in April when mother went to glory and did not need such mundane things anymore.
It is this one:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-83369-1.htm
Wow, you're lucky you got it back. Everything I brought for my Grandmother disappeared within hours of me bringing it to her. I would never leave a quilt there.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic
that you actually want it back. lol :P I have been going to all these quilt shows and I wish I had the Cat Quilt I made for my SIL to display in a show. I called her the other day and asked her if she would put it in her Will that I get it back. lol :P She said she would after we laughed about the question. Seriously, is there any quilt you would love to have back? This is the link to the quilt I am referring to.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68996-1.htm
Yes the applique quilt that I made for my mum. She knows when she goes it comes back home to me.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 AM
nab

Not yet I haven't.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 AM

Make another one & keep it! Seriously though, if I ever went to the trouble to make a quilt like this, it would definitely be a keeper! At least till I felt I could part with it, & that might even mean someone inheriting it after I'm gone!...
Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM

yes..it is the one i gave to my son's girlfriend..i love it but she does too..she tells me almost every month how much she loves it..so i am happy about that..it is the best quilt i ever made... :-P