Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do not Use for children's sleepwear. ???

I just received some fabric from Bear Paw Quilt Co. for a quilt I'm making my nephew for his birthday. It's all John Deere fabric and is all 100% cotton. On the selvedge it says

"Sold for noncommercial home use only. Do not use for children's sleepwear."

What does this mean? Is it toxic? Is it safe to use in a quilt for an almost 4 year old?

I'm backing the quilt with John Deere flannel and the same warning is on the selvedge of that one.

It just means that it hasn't been treated with flame retardant. Fabric intended for children's sleepwear is. It'll be fine for quilts!

It isn't toxic. Should be fine on a quilt. It just hasn't been treated with the flame-retardant stuff clothes are required to have. Just tell him to be careful around the campfire and he'll be just fine.

Thank you ladies. Whew!

Blog Entries
    There used to be a spray that could be used to make fabric flame retardant. Look in JoAnn's or Walmart or places like that.

I have used it in DGD quilts and she is just fine. Go ahead and use it in a quilt.