Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

I have so many boards I'm on, I've lost track until they send me another email reminding me. This is the main board I use - it's just a feel of 'home' that I enjoy so much!

I only belong to one other and it's a group of Indiana quilters called "quilting in Indiana" but I spend almost all of my allotted laptop time on this board.

I like Garden Web and this one are my only quilting forums. But I have many favorite Blogs that I love. So much inspiration, tutorials and friendly quilters out there! Thank goodness for bookmarks. I do limit my computer use to early mornings with my coffee or I wouldn't have to quilt! :-)))

Ditto what Sandscraps says, couldn't have said it better...

I spend too much time here ... so adding another... nope ...I guess its because this one fits my needs.

Blog Entries
    This is home for me, I have learned so much and still learning. Love it and feel like family here.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    I belong to HGTV and some quilting groups on Yahoo.

Nhweaver, your comment about guilds makes me smile. I took my beginner's quilting classes from my LQS shortly after moving here about 10 years ago... I picked up enough "commentary" during the working part of the classes between the teacher and the employees which has stopped me every time I think about joining our local group. I prefer online with no strings attached!
    I am fascinated by your avatar. Is this a pattern you made up? I am hoping it might be one you can share.

Send it to me privately or on the message board either one.
    GramMER to 18 plus 2 great granddaughters!

This board keeps me hooked!!! I get so much from everyone and I especially like the positive non-political approach here. Keeping our focus on the beautiful creations the folks here create is really inspiring.

I belong to a guild but its not nice; there are appx. 4 bullies; and when they have drawings-- they look in the box and see who they want to have the fat quarters or the door price because their friends don't fold their entry paper over. No; so far a guild is not a real friendly place to be; also the quilt show they produce is loaded the same way for themost part because the bullies usually run the show to; the rest of us are along for the ride; SO-- this board is the best that I can find. The guild gives me a place to go once a month, the only reason I am still their.

I like this board but LOVE my Guild. We have fantastic speakers and no one ever needs to join in anything like back stabbing for there isn't any. You must have had a sad experience. I only regret that the meetings are in the evening and I am no longer driving at night. I am a little older than some of you, but am still going strong writing, quilting, gardening and volunteering at a History Center at 86. We find what we look for in a group.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast