Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Other quilt forums you belong to?

Other quilt forums you belong to?

I was wondering if you participate in other quilting forums, and if you like them. I know years ago HGTV had one, but I just did a search and can't find it, so I guess they did away with it.

This is the only one for me!

Missouri Star Quilts has a forum... just found out about it today.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Justabitcrazy what area are you in?

This is the only one I am on, I spend too much time here, can't afford another one!!

Power Poster
    Missouri Star Quilt co. and The Quilt Show have forums now but Quiltingboard is the only one I have joined.

Blog Entries
    just this one. this one feels like home to me. a lot of nice, helpful, fun people here
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I agree, everyone here seems like a family to me too. I tried another board but felt lost, didn't know anyone's signature, name or avatar... felt lost. I have learned sew much and been helped whenever I have asked questions. It's hard to beat the QB!!! This has been home to me for 4 years, I'm staying put!
    ~Sheriann~💖 BabyLock Ellisimo 💖 Husqvarna Viking Designet 1ESS 💖 BabyLock Imagine 💖 Janome Jem Platinum 760 ♥ Beloved Gram's 1924 Singer Treadle 💖 1937 & 1953 Singer Featherweights #IAMSEWBLESSED ♥

I used to belong to a couple of others many years ago but once I found this forum there is no need for any other. It definitely is like a family that is spread out to different lands.
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Blog Entries
    Same here, just this one. It is easy to navigate and full of very helpful advise.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I'm just getting back into quilting. This was the best forum I found. It moves fast and it's jam packed with resources great information and people who have a passion for quilting.

Why go anywhere else?

Blog Entries
    This is the only one I visit at least daily or even more. I just might miss something if I don't check in.

Mary

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    I belong to several - this one, the Quilt Show forums, Connected Threadz, and the APQS forums. Those are the ones I frequent most anyhow. Every forum has something different to offer - new people mean new angles to see things, new things to learn. This one was the first I joined many years ago though!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Only one- here. I have "tried" others.....Besides the great people here, I think what I like too about this board is the setup.....so easy to navigate thru, see things, go places....others, like in y-----, are difficult for me to follow.....here it's like sitting in ones kitchen over a cuppa!

I joined the MSQC forum when it started; but I don't look at it. I spend all my time here. This is an awesome site and as Geri B says, it is so easy to navigate. Here, I have a huge community of quilting friends. I love it!

I joined another but, it is pretty boring. I haven't gone there for several weeks.
    This is the best one and first one I joined. I spend a lot of time here.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    This is the only one for me!
    Same for me.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

This one is the BEST!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have checked out and joined couple others but easier to navigate here and response is pretty instantaneous. So many others a response might be the next week or not even. Have had a couple issues and got over those. I am not always in the mood to sew. Some of the other forums require you to produce something at least a larger than crib size quilt everyother month. I am too old to be told I have to do this or that bad enough I get told for having done something I shouldn't have when I didn't know it was wrong to do in the first place. I am on another on FB and it's fun. Pretty much the same as this. They have projects to do but if you don't get them done no biggy. As everyone knows I Google a lot. Aside from learning it's fun to come up with tips and tricks to pass on to others. everyone on this board likes to see other's progressions with their art. That doesn't happen very often.

Mostly this one. I joined up at Missouri Star but I rarely go over there. And I really like browsing the forum at APQS - they're mostly longarmers, but I love to what they've quilted and their tips.
    Lori

I belong to several, both commercial like those that have been mentioned and non-commercial like this one, some are specialty groups, some are more general. However, as with any 'date', it's considered rude to talk about others when you're with the one you're with.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    just this one. this one feels like home to me. a lot of nice, helpful, fun people here
    Yep, what lynnie said!
    Aronel aka Lee

this one only!

I belong to many. Garden Web, MSQC, Quilt in a Day, The Quilt Show Forum, Connecting Threads forum, and several Facebook quilt groups. I don't visit all of them everyday but do keep up. I know who posts on here and others because I see the same post on the same day. I have an Eiditic memory so it's easy for me to keep up with many sites at once.
    I love my life!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    However, as with any 'date', it's considered rude to talk about others when you're with the one you're with.
    Too True!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast