Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

Blog Entries

Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

I have just discovered that there is a whole world of quilting information boards out there. I just signed up for the HGTV one, are there any others that you cannot help yourself from visiting frequently. I love all the information here, and the sharing. I do not belong to a guild (the politics raise my blood pressure, and I quilt for fun not for the gossip and back stabing), so for me, you all are my guild friends.

Even blogs about quilting, which ones are the best?
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I have been active over at the HGTV boards for years and years...but when I found this one I now "live" here.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I belong to Quilting Haven, Missouri Star Quilt Company, and the quilting forums on Ravelry.

I belong to HGTV and some quilting groups on Yahoo.

Nhweaver, your comment about guilds makes me smile. I took my beginner's quilting classes from my LQS shortly after moving here about 10 years ago... I picked up enough "commentary" during the working part of the classes between the teacher and the employees which has stopped me every time I think about joining our local group. I prefer online with no strings attached!
    Last edited by asimplelife; 10-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    i belong to several Yahoo groups, but rarely have a need to go there. this board is the BEST!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Power Poster
    I signed on for a basic member on www.thequiltshow but I rarely go there. This is my main board because QB is the best!

I too paid a subscription to thequiltshow, and asked for my money back, just didn't feel the site was worth what they charged.
    I know there are many boards, but this is the only one I use because I limit my on-line time to 2 hours a day.
    The same subjects come up on all the board eventually...

I signed up for a few but rarely go there. This Board is my daily fix - I always leave here having learned something new, having smiled at the beauty of the masterpieces shared. Most appreciated is the positive feedback everyone gives and gets.

Blog Entries
    I explored the quilt world of blogs and belong to Myquiltplace.com which is free. I post my quilt pictures there so I have a place to store them, but this is where I spend each morning. I have learned so much from all of you and continued to be inspired by the quilts that are shared here. I also tried the quilt guild start up in our area and was disappointed, so you are all my quilt buddies. I love that the board has members from all over the world. Thank you to those that founded this wonderful site.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I belong to a couple of longarm groups; but this board is my favorite. I have met so many wonderful, sharing people on here.

I have tried other sites and this is the only one I stuck with. I always come out of here inspired and have a new idea or learned something. Not to mention all the problems I have had quickly solved by the great levels of experience we have.
    Lisa Gibbs

I have tried others, but, this one is the best. Also the easiest to navigate.

With all the wonderful people here..who needs anything else!!

This is the first one I found and the only one I know about. I get free patterns from about.com but, I only look for the patterns.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

This is the only one I have ever belonged to and love it. I learn so much and enjoy looking at all the finished projects. Please don't tempt me to join any others. I spend too much time here as it is.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

This is the one I like and I keep. It is much more personal and very easy usually to find what you are looking for. Very good ideas and lots of great people as well as photos, etc. You can ask anyone anything and it is great. Have met a host of wonderful people on here. I only have time for one good group. Otherwise I don't get anything done.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

I signed up with several quilting board sites and ended up getting rid of all but this one. this is my favorite and seems to have the the friendliest people with so much information to read and share. I check this one out most every day.
    Thank you ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
    I have just discovered that there is a whole world of quilting information boards out there. I just signed up for the HGTV one, are there any others that you cannot help yourself from visiting frequently. I love all the information here, and the sharing. I do not belong to a guild (the politics raise my blood pressure, and I quilt for fun not for the gossip and back stabing), so for me, you all are my guild friends.

Even blogs about quilting, which ones are the best?
    Be aware that it's not really within the 'suggested guidelines' to promote (i.e., name) competing boards. Certainly can't blame them for that.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

The only other board I participate in/with is RCTQ. It is a usenet group that I access via google groups. Rec. Crafts.Textiles.Quilts. That board has been VERY slow lately but lots of nice folks. But there are several from that board that also participate here. This board seems to be the most active. RCTQ is unmoderated unlike here. Both have their good/bad points IMO. I've visited a few others but the activity level here as well as the wealth of information have most others beat hands down, again, IMO.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Be aware that it's not really within the 'suggested guidelines' to promote (i.e., name) competing boards. Certainly can't blame them for that.

Ditto......and like I used to always say "The principal is in the hallways".....LOL.......
    "Keep Smiling, Keep shining..knowing you can always count on me....for sure.
    That what friends are for...

I just joined sewforum.com and they have section for lots of crafts not just sewing, and they are all organized by category. I like it a lot

this is the only forum i am on and really enjoy it. if i was on another one
    i wouldnt get any thing done. lol

i like to read other people's blogs, so I googled "quilter's blogs" and found a website called something like "what are quilters blogging about today" that has a snapshot of hundreds (thousands?) of blogs. I usually end up lost in there....I also have been on other forums, but return to quiltingboard.....It's my favorite!

Blog Entries
    i've found several other sites, but likewise, have dropped them, and just come here. this site is so easy to navigate. and so much info. anything you want. a lot , or a little. lurk or chat.

QM
    Over the years I have belonged to several sites, as some have folded. Right now, I visit this and another regularly. I am a part of a very active and friendly local guild as well, but being rather disabled, on-line is handier for me than in town. We are having an art auction and BBQ contest on Saturday in support of our local fair. It's a real shame that some quilting groups are not welcoming. Fortunately, most are.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast