Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

Blog Entries

Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

I have just discovered that there is a whole world of quilting information boards out there. I just signed up for the HGTV one, are there any others that you cannot help yourself from visiting frequently. I love all the information here, and the sharing. I do not belong to a guild (the politics raise my blood pressure, and I quilt for fun not for the gossip and back stabing), so for me, you all are my guild friends.

Even blogs about quilting, which ones are the best?
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I have been active over at the HGTV boards for years and years...but when I found this one I now "live" here.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    I belong to Quilting Haven, Missouri Star Quilt Company, and the quilting forums on Ravelry.

I belong to HGTV and some quilting groups on Yahoo.

Nhweaver, your comment about guilds makes me smile. I took my beginner's quilting classes from my LQS shortly after moving here about 10 years ago... I picked up enough "commentary" during the working part of the classes between the teacher and the employees which has stopped me every time I think about joining our local group. I prefer online with no strings attached!
    Last edited by asimplelife; 10-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    i belong to several Yahoo groups, but rarely have a need to go there. this board is the BEST!
    Nancy in western NY

Power Poster
    I signed on for a basic member on www.thequiltshow but I rarely go there. This is my main board because QB is the best!

I too paid a subscription to thequiltshow, and asked for my money back, just didn't feel the site was worth what they charged.
    I know there are many boards, but this is the only one I use because I limit my on-line time to 2 hours a day.
    The same subjects come up on all the board eventually...

I signed up for a few but rarely go there. This Board is my daily fix - I always leave here having learned something new, having smiled at the beauty of the masterpieces shared. Most appreciated is the positive feedback everyone gives and gets.

Blog Entries
    I explored the quilt world of blogs and belong to Myquiltplace.com which is free. I post my quilt pictures there so I have a place to store them, but this is where I spend each morning. I have learned so much from all of you and continued to be inspired by the quilts that are shared here. I also tried the quilt guild start up in our area and was disappointed, so you are all my quilt buddies. I love that the board has members from all over the world. Thank you to those that founded this wonderful site.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I belong to a couple of longarm groups; but this board is my favorite. I have met so many wonderful, sharing people on here.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast